Transcode Folder Results

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
AnnieBody

Transcode Folder Results

Post by AnnieBody »

I have enabled the transcode folder to try and debug a problem.
The folder shows lots of options a with different icons.
Is there a reference for the icons listed.
mik_s

Re: Transcode Folder Results

Post by mik_s »

It will tell you what each does in the brackets at the end of the filename.
The first will be [No transcoding] use this to see if a file is compatible with your renderer when tweaking supported formats in your config.
Then after that is options to transcode using the various engines (FFmpeg, MEncoder etc)
Also lets you select audio tracks and subtitles in available languages to be baked in for renderers that don't support them.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
AnnieBody

Post by AnnieBody »

But with the filename being so long I can't read the complete description!
So that's a non-starter.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

That is down to the renderer to display the file names. Some will scroll the file name if it is too long, others you can decrease the text size so you can see more. check the options on your device.

even if you can't see the full description the icon will give a good indication of what it is, showing the country flag for the language.

you can always shorten the filename yourself, most of the time when downloading videos a lot of info is in the filename that is unnecessary once you have it.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
AnnieBody

Post by AnnieBody »

I have shortened the filenames to just two digits while I am tyring to sort out the transcode settings. This allows the rest of the info to be displayed.
Thanks.