Version 9.4.3 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Version 9.4.3 released

Post by SubJunk »

General:

This release improves support for LG, Panasonic and Sony TVs, supports more filetypes, uses less memory, and more!

We are busy preparing our next beta which improves and extends our metadata, allowing for things like recommendations, genres, ratings from major sources, etc. as well as remote access.

Download:

You can download it from the front page, our other official mirrors, or install it via Docker with:

Code: Select all

docker pull universalmediaserver/ums
Changes since 9.4.2
  • General:
    • Added support for streaming and transcoding from AV1 video codec
    • Added quickrun commands to aid rapid development
    • Memory use improvements on macOS
    • Transcoding compatibility fixes
    • Fixed support for transcoding videos with no audio
  • Renderers:
    • Improved support for LG OLED TVs
    • Improved support for Panasonic VT60 TVs
    • Improved support for Sony AG-series TVs
    • Improved support for Sony X-series TVs
  • Translation updates via Crowdin:
    • Serbian (87%)
    • Turkish (100%)
  • Dependencies:
    • Updated assertj to 3.16.0
    • Updated doxia-module-docbook-simple to 1.9.1
    • Updated FFmpeg on macOS to 20200504 (5767a2e) to support more media formats
    • Updated git-commit-id-plugin to 4.0.0
    • Updated h2database to 1.4.199
    • Updated icu4j to 67.1
    • Updated jaxb-impl to 2.3.3
    • Updated JMustache to 1.15
    • Updated JNA to 5.5.0
    • Updated junit5 to 5.6.2
    • Updated maven-antrun-plugin to 3.0.0
    • Updated maven-assembly-plugin to 3.3.0
    • Updated maven-checkstyle-plugin to 3.1.0
    • Updated maven-compiler-plugin to 3.8.1
    • Updated maven-pmd-plugin to 3.13.0
    • Updated maven-project-info-reports-plugin to 3.0.0
    • Updated maven-site-plugin to 3.9.0
    • Updated metadata-extractor to 2.13.0
    • Updated Oshi to 5.0.1
    • Updated plexus-utils to 3.3.0
    • Updated rome to 1.12.2
    • Updated saaj-impl to 1.5.2
    • Updated spotbugs-maven-plugin to 4.0.0
Notes:
  • Windows has limited support from XP onwards, but full support is for Windows 7 onwards
  • macOS 10.10+ is fully supported
Rhialto

Re: Version 9.4.3 released

Post by Rhialto »

When you say improves support for VT60, is it strictly for VT60 or ST/GT60 also and maybe even the 50 series?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

It's strictly for the VT60 because I don't want to accidentally break support for other ones. If you're willing to test some improvements on the others let me know and I can arrange some test files
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

SubJunk wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:51 pm It's strictly for the VT60 because I don't want to accidentally break support for other ones. If you're willing to test some improvements on the others let me know and I can arrange some test files
Sure I'll have a look, mine is a GT50 and I think changes could work.
pipin

Post by pipin »

Thanks for the release.

But it seems the fully played action is broken.
Regards,
Jens
-----------
Devices used with UMS : - Windows 10 PC, Samsung UE32 F4580SS, Samsung UE48H6600
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Rhialto wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:54 am
SubJunk wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:51 pm It's strictly for the VT60 because I don't want to accidentally break support for other ones. If you're willing to test some improvements on the others let me know and I can arrange some test files
Sure I'll have a look, mine is a GT50 and I think changes could work.
Sorry for the late reply, I needed to locate and find some sample files to use. Hopefully these samples will help you to test whether we can add those files: https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... t/pms/dlna
An easy way to do it would be to force detection of VT60 and see which files will play when using the [No Transcoding] option in the #-TRANSCODE-# folders
pipin wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:04 am Thanks for the release.

Thanks for reporting it. Is this comment for 9.4.3 or 9.5.0? And is it about thumbnail overlays or another action?
pipin

Post by pipin »

Thanks for reporting it. Is this comment for 9.4.3 or 9.5.0? And is it about thumbnail overlays or another action?
[/quote]

Imo it was already broken in 9.4.2 but i will check. But could be in a few days.
Regards,
Jens
-----------
Devices used with UMS : - Windows 10 PC, Samsung UE32 F4580SS, Samsung UE48H6600
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

SubJunk wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:16 pmSorry for the late reply, I needed to locate and find some sample files to use. Hopefully these samples will help you to test whether we can add those files: https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... t/pms/dlna
An easy way to do it would be to force detection of VT60 and see which files will play when using the [No Transcoding] option in the #-TRANSCODE-# folders
You want me to test all those files or is there a specific one? The change made must have been for a particular file type. And how to force VT60 detection?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

pipin wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:08 am

Imo it was already broken in 9.4.2 but i will check. But could be in a few days.
[/quote]That would be helpful thank you
Rhialto wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:26 am
SubJunk wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:16 pmSorry for the late reply, I needed to locate and find some sample files to use. Hopefully these samples will help you to test whether we can add those files: https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... t/pms/dlna
You want me to test all those files or is there a specific one? The change made must have been for a particular file type. And how to force VT60 detection?
You'll get the most benefits from testing them all, but if you're only interested in this latest change it was to add support for VC1 video codec inside MKV, so the file to test is "video-vc1.mkv"
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

SubJunk wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:18 pmYou'll get the most benefits from testing them all, but if you're only interested in this latest change it was to add support for VC1 video codec inside MKV, so the file to test is "video-vc1.mkv"
PM sent as I could post an image, unlike here.