Youtube feed not working

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Arc ッ

Youtube feed not working

Post by Arc ッ »

Hi!

So I have added for example this channel in my WEB.conf file but my TV can't seem to play it.

Code: Select all

videofeed.Web,YouTube Channels=https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=UCLA_DiR1FfKNvjuUpBHmylQ
I use the latest v.9.4.2 of UMS, and my TV can support normal videos like .mp4/.mkv through UMS in no transcoding, ffmpeg, VLC encoder modes. The recent videos from the channel shows with titles and all inside the "Youtube Channels" folder. But whenever I try to play a video it loads and tries to decode, then stops and jumps to next coding format to try that instead.

Any suggestions on solutions or things to try to make it work? 🙂

Kind regards
mik_s

Re: Youtube feed not working

Post by mik_s »

I'm not certain on this but I think it has to do with changes to Youtube and I don't think the code in UMS is being maintained at the moment for that.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Arc ッ

Post by Arc ッ »

Hey Mik_s!

Thanks for your reply. I'm sad to hear that, I really hope it will be looked over soon. Because it would work as a great alternative/backup for a chromecast.
bertc

Post by bertc »

I'm sure that Youtube must have changed something in their codes. For some sources of video podcasts are still working but Youtube is not working anymore. The error is always "There is no inputstream to return for XXXX" (XXXX is YT video name)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

mik_s is correct, we need to do a fix for it