[Solved] Service consuming lots of resources

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Cardician

Re: Service consuming lots of resources

Post by Cardician »

The only way around for me was to remove 9.7.0 and install an earlier version. Works like a charm.
Rares

Post by Rares »

Downgrading right now...

Update: downgraded to 9.4.3. The CPU load is under 2-3%...
DaveTheDeluded

Post by DaveTheDeluded »

Exact same problem here. 9.7.1 was chewing up my CPU and memory. Downgraded to 9.5 and all is back to normal.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi all, sorry about this problem. We have a fix to test at https://www.universalmediaserver.com/up ... 11d0e3.exe please let us know how it goes
DaveTheDeluded

Post by DaveTheDeluded »

SubJunk wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:44 pm Hi all, sorry about this problem. We have a fix to test at https://www.universalmediaserver.com/up ... 11d0e3.exe please let us know how it goes
Thanks for this SubJunk - downloaded and installed. FYI Windows Defender doesn't like your .exe

Now when I run UMS, I get the "Connecting to server" box and that has been there for around 10 minutes so far. Looking at the internet activity, javaw.exe seems to be downloading something at 600~ Kbps and uploading something at 130~ Kbps. Not sure what information is getting passed around here, but I'll be going back to 9.5 for now.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

The fix went out in 9.7.2
I don't see how we could have been downloading or uploading anything except for lookups to OpenSubtitles for metadata information
mapkozaffo

Re: [Solved] Service consuming lots of resources

Post by mapkozaffo »

Hello!

I'm still having the same issue with version 10.9.0.
What I noticed is that when I first start UMS everything is fine, but if I leave the pc ideal after a while the "OpenJDK Platform Binary" goes crazy and consumes all my cpu. As a result of this, also UMS becomes unresponsive and the only thing I can do is to kill the process. This makes UMS impossible to use and it's been like this for months now. I've always updated to the latest version, tried uninstalling etc but nothing helps.

Thanks!
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

mapkozaffo wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:22 pm Hello!

I'm still having the same issue with version 10.9.0.
What I noticed is that when I first start UMS everything is fine, but if I leave the pc ideal after a while the "OpenJDK Platform Binary" goes crazy and consumes all my cpu. As a result of this, also UMS becomes unresponsive and the only thing I can do is to kill the process. This makes UMS impossible to use and it's been like this for months now. I've always updated to the latest version, tried uninstalling etc but nothing helps.

Thanks!
Hi, sorry you're experiencing this issue. Are you able to try older versions of UMS to see when this problem first started? We are investigating problems that started with 10.6.0 so maybe try 10.5.0?
mapkozaffo

Post by mapkozaffo »

Sure I will try and I will let you know. Thanks :)
mapkozaffo

Post by mapkozaffo »

SubJunk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:52 pm Hi, sorry you're experiencing this issue. Are you able to try older versions of UMS to see when this problem first started? We are investigating problems that started with 10.6.0 so maybe try 10.5.0?
It looks like version 10.5.0 is not affected by the problem. Have been running it all day without any issue. Thanks!