mp4 won't play on new install

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
DHK

mp4 won't play on new install

Post by DHK »

New user and install of UMS on an iMac-M1 running Ventura 13.1. I have a Plex server on the system that is not running now. When I try to play a video it plays fine in Plex, but I get an error: "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported"
Screen with error message
Screen with error message
UMS mp4 problem.png (2.83 MiB) Viewed 370 times
Here is my trace log:

Thanks.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2022-12-26-14-54.zip
Trace Log
(732.94 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
DHK

Re: mp4 won't play on new install

Post by DHK »

I just discovered that Safari is the problem. It works fine on Firefox and Chrome. Obviously I can simply use a different browser, but I wonder what the problem is.
mik_s

Re: mp4 won't play on new install

Post by mik_s »

I see the error Invalid value "30" for parameter in your logs which is a known bug and is fixed in 13.0.1, maybe that was causing problems on safari, I can't see any thing else but I don't know what I'm looking for.

It should work on Safari so there may be a specific reason why it is not.

Could you do another log playing the same file on Firefox and Safari so I can compare them?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.