Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

General:

We have improved 2D-to-3D conversion quality, made huge improvements to performance and fixed important bugs you reported to us. There was a lot of collaboration and testing involved in this release. Thank you to everyone involved!

With this release we have really closed in on the stability of the recently-added features and that will enable us to push out our next ones soon.

Click here to see all changes since 13.1.0

Download:

This release is available on our Patreon page for all subscribers, and will be released publicly during our next release.

Our previous version, 13.1.0, is now available on our download page and from our official mirrors.

Support us:

If you appreciated this release, please consider donating or subscribing. We don't do it for money, but it is nice to offset our expenses.
If you would like your name to be mentioned in our list of supporters, please leave a note with your donation/subscription or message us on here, and we will gladly immortalize your contribution.
KONTROLMASTER

Re: 13.2.0

Post by KONTROLMASTER »

Seems to be an important release! Waiting till it becomes available! )
It's a shame that's Patreon service is blocked in our region, even if you have VPN, you have access, but the system won't let you to pay (you cannot subscribe on this creator message appears). This happens also when I have multiple accounts as a reserve (did a lot of actions to properly fill the profile form with US credentials, as mentioned on the manual sites for subscribing). It's very unpleasant. But I've already donating many times last year, thanx it was open to Autumn.
KONTROLMASTER

Post by KONTROLMASTER »

Also we have some main and commonly used encyclopedia resources, which are blocked too! TMDB.org is working with interruptions sometimes for strange reasons (posters and background won't load time after time, once it was amazon image storage service), it needs some unblocking proxies..... Our country "Roscom" gov. organization is not good at that, because it depends on our great unemployment level (often, these are private companies) and the lack of education for our union migration republics. There're employees, who is unrelated to.
MTOakey

Post by MTOakey »

Being that there are SOOO many documented bugs and failures in 13.1, when will 13.2 be available directly, without having to pay Patreon for it ???
“A truth’s initial commotion
is directly proportional to how deeply the lie of it was believed ...” ~Dresden James
“The surest barrier to truth is the conviction you already have it.”
chickyboom

Post by chickyboom »

Took me a while to find this, but the "Only run a single instance of UMS" is being ignored for some reason. I can simply run multiple times and each loads as if normal.
MTOakey

Post by MTOakey »

WHY is the above Post allowed ???
WHY has it NOT been removed and BLOCKED by any Moderators ???
AND ALL OTHER Posts of the like ?????
is directly proportional to how deeply the lie of it was believed ...” ~Dresden James
MTOakey

Post by MTOakey »

Does any one know if 13.2.1 is able to work correctly as a video server for access from "EXTERNAL" IP yet without issues ???
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

MTOakey wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:04 am WHY is the above Post allowed ???
WHY has it NOT been removed and BLOCKED by any Moderators ???
AND ALL OTHER Posts of the like ?????
What is wrong with that post? I see nothing wrong with it. If you see something that should not be there you can report it and I will get a notification if action needs to be taken.
MTOakey wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:06 am Does any one know if 13.2.1 is able to work correctly as a video server for access from "EXTERNAL" IP yet without issues ???
Only way to find out is to try it.

There are very few people that use UMS like that as that is not its primary purpose so there is not much support for around that, and I know next to nothing how to set that up.

You have had problems with this for a while now, is there a version of UMS that works for you that you want or has it never worked. It could be some problem with your network configuration. I remember you saying a while ago that a few of your servers running different software stopped working at the same time after a change with your ISP.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
MTOakey

Post by MTOakey »

First off, the post I was referring to IS already gone. It was a Sales Ad for something, and I have seen many in recent weeks show up here ...
Secondly, The newest version that works correctly for me on Win11 is "12.0.1" but I have NOT tried "13.2.1" ...
I was hoping for some feedback from anyone who had the same issues I had - not being able to access from "External" IP addresses.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Spam is a constant problem and is one of the first things I take care of when I get on before reading new posts.

I must have already deleted it before I saw your post. I'm not on 24/7 so some might be on for several hours before I can deal with them.

If you see any that I have missed then feel free to report it, some spambots can be tricky and return to an old post to edit in the spam links.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.