ERROR A serious error occurred during Universal Media Server initialization

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
tomtom1126

ERROR A serious error occurred during Universal Media Server initialization

Post by tomtom1126 »

Dear All,

I found the error today: ERROR A serious error occurred during Universal Media Server initialization: Cannot invoke "com.google.gson.JsonElement.isJsonObject()" because "element" is null

UMS start and the file shared ok, but I am not able to modify the setting by using "Setting Old" function. Web not working "http://localhost:9001/"

Attach is the log file, anything I can do?

I try re-install window and re-install the UMS but no use.

Thanks for the help!
Tom
Attachments
ums_dbg_2023-02-05-13-17.zip
(164.39 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
mik_s

Re: ERROR A serious error occurred during Universal Media Server initialization

Post by mik_s »

This is a known problem hat had been fixed for the next release. A temporary fix is to turn off the external network by setting "external_network =false" in the UMS.conf
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
tomtom1126

Post by tomtom1126 »

Dear Mik_s,

Done, its working but the webpage log-in screen still problem, webpage no action even longed-in (still the input ID and password screen).

below is the log show logged
=========================
10:35:21 INFO Finding user: tom
10:35:21 INFO Got user from db: tom
10:35:21 INFO User tom logged
10:35:22 INFO Checking user table have admin

Thanks for your checking again.

Tom
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

That was another problem that I was trying to figure out when I got hit with the initialization error bug. I was sent a test build with that bug fixed but when I tried to replicate the login problem it was working fine again. Even reinstalling the main version it was working so I don't know what caused it.

I thought that the 2 problems might be linked but now I don't if yours won't login after turning off the external network.

It would be helpful if you posted your logs on this Issue on GitHub. Just make sure it is in trace mode when you do them (see the section in red)

One of the things I was going to test was to delete the users data so I could create a new Admin and see if that fixed it. I was also going to try accessing UMS from another computer on the network to set this up in case it was something about using the http://localhost:9001/ IP address. If you want to try that the user data file is "C:\ProgramData\UMS\database\USERS.mv.db"

Before you do that try clearing cookies and site data for localhost (or UMS's IP if from another computer) and see if that does anything.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
tomtom1126

Post by tomtom1126 »

Dear mik_s,

Thanks for your info. I try to delete the users.mv and create the new account but still not working.

Anyway, attach is the log file for your investigation.

Thanks so much!

Tom
Attachments
ums_dbg_2023-02-05-17-43.zip
(299.03 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I think the initialization bug was a problem with our metadata API which I have now fixed, and have set up an alerting system so it doesn't happen again. Are the settings working now with 13.2.0?