Automatic folder rescan

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Madoka

Re: Automatic folder rescan

Post by Madoka »

ExSport wrote:What I remember (check changelog for v5) latest version supports background refreshes of anything (editing subs, adding subs, editing renderer.confs, adding new renderer.confs etc.) so not only video or audio files as in past.
Hopefully I am not wrong 8-)
Thanks, ExSport. I just tried this, and it didn't work. I opened a folder with some video files and no subtitles. Then added subs to the first episode and reentered the folder. The folder blinked like it was checking for new things, but in the end it didn't display the new subtitles.
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

So wait for answer from devs. Maybe recheck is not "immediately" but in regular intervals...I don't know sorry.
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

No worries, man. Thanks for all your input.
emoxam

Post by emoxam »

ExSport wrote: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:52 am Restart is needed only in case you want to add new "root" folder. If you will add new folder to already shared one, UMS should show it automatically (refresh is like going back down in a folder and back up to the folder)
And how fast is rescan? Some schedule or how ?
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

This old topic is probably not relevant to the latest versions of UMS.

Scanning time will vary depending on the size of your media library or speed of your computer. This is done in the background so should not cause any performance issues on your computer. Once the your media is scanned it is stored in the database so it does not need to be scanned again next time, which means the next scan will last seconds if there has been no or very little change to your media.

Scanning is done when UMS starts, usually when windows starts if you have that option enabled. If any files are added to the shared folders in UMS then that file is scanned straight away.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
emoxam

Post by emoxam »

Can we see some log that new files scanned succesefully ?
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

If you put UMS in trace mode you will see the Library Scanner process doing the scan in the logs.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.