not play 4k hdr

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
zazarendi19

not play 4k hdr

Post by zazarendi19 »

i have philips 43pus7607 tv and im playing video 4k hdr10 version but not rendering how solve this?
Attachments
debug.log.prev.zip
(49.38 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
mik_s

Re: not play 4k hdr

Post by mik_s »

Your logs were not full logs so are not very helpful, I'll need to see full logs to see exactly what is going on. Make sure you pack them from inside UMS and the default location to save the zip file is on the desktop. (see the section in red above)

From what I could see is that UMS is transcoding your 4K video. If it is outputting 4K video then it will take a powerful computer to keep up with that so it would most likely be transcoding to a lower quality. If 4K is supported on your TV then UMS should be streaming.

I can't tell why UMS is transcoding as that information is not in the logs but could be that either that video is in a format that is unsupported by your TV or the conf file used to tell UMS what your TV can play is incorrect or is not being used.

One thing odd I noticed is UMS is scanning your appdata folder. This may be because you are sharing C:\Users\Ahmet\ which includes program configuration files and temporary files. This is also giving errors when UMS is trying to scan these. Might be better to add separate shares for only media like Videos, Pictures, Music and Downloads.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
zazarendi19

Post by zazarendi19 »

mik_s wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:35 pm Your logs were not full logs so are not very helpful, I'll need to see full logs to see exactly what is going on. Make sure you pack them from inside UMS and the default location to save the zip file is on the desktop. (see the section in red above)

From what I could see is that UMS is transcoding your 4K video. If it is outputting 4K video then it will take a powerful computer to keep up with that so it would most likely be transcoding to a lower quality. If 4K is supported on your TV then UMS should be streaming.

I can't tell why UMS is transcoding as that information is not in the logs but could be that either that video is in a format that is unsupported by your TV or the conf file used to tell UMS what your TV can play is incorrect or is not being used.

One thing odd I noticed is UMS is scanning your appdata folder. This may be because you are sharing C:\Users\Ahmet\ which includes program configuration files and temporary files. This is also giving errors when UMS is trying to scan these. Might be better to add separate shares for only media like Videos, Pictures, Music and Downloads.
before im not doing right after i solved this problem but one question ask u does this program support hdr10+ ?
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I think it should do.
I did see mention on GitHub about improving HDR support but don't know the details. Maybe it is to convert between different formats of HDR but I'm just guessing.
If the video is being streamed than it is up to the device to handle what HDR format to use.
If UMS is transcoding for some reason then try playing from the #--TRANSCODE--# folder and choose "No transcoding"
(if you do not see it, enable "show the #--Transcode--# folder" in the GUI on the navigation tab, in the web GUI it is in the "virtual folders/files" section)
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
zazarendi19

Post by zazarendi19 »

i streaming "No transcoding" if video is hdr than play and notification but video is hdr10+ dont notification (btw philips tv is notification for hdr or hdr10 or hdr10+)
im download same hdr10+ video in USB and open it tvs video player then hdr10+ notification came
usms or tvs problem i dont understand