A Totally Original Problem.... No Subtitles!

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
LaughingMan008

A Totally Original Problem.... No Subtitles!

Post by LaughingMan008 »

Yes. It is yet another person creating a "no subtitles" support thread.
I have googled and looked around the board, and have seen that this comes up a lot.
No matter what I do, or where I play the file, subtitles just do not load, ever. The srt file is in the exact same location as the movie, with the exact same file name, but no dice.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2023-06-25-13-52.zip
(863.79 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
mik_s

Re: A Totally Original Problem.... No Subtitles!

Post by mik_s »

I have looked though your logs and can see the .srt file is being detected and scanned. As you are using the Web player there should be a button to allow you to turn on the subs.

One thing you can enable to confirm that subs are detected is to set "Add subtitle information to video names:" to Basic and it will add the Language of the sub to the video name
If the sub's filename has the language code appended to the filename then it will show this else it will be {Unknown subtitles}

I tested this on my computer and when I try playing a video that has internal subtitles I can chose which one to display.

However trying a video that has an external subtitle it does show that the .srt file is there in the filename but there is no option to turn it on.

When I play them on my PS4 everything works as normal so must be a problem related to the web player.

This must be a bug or external subtitles were overlooked when they added this player so I'll make an issue on GitHub for the devs to fix.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.