no renderers detected 13.5.0

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
formagio

no renderers detected 13.5.0

Post by formagio »

new to UMS and using Ubuntu 22.04. my current renderer is an off brand called Cobblestone from Muzio. Default device name is Sound System 2100.
I use it successfully using Apple AirPlay on wireless on iphone and itunes. It does not show up in UMS as a media renderer using wireless network. It does show up as a renderer in UMS when connected to router thru wired connection but it still doesn't function. It only shows the local network IP address and basic device info. Thus I can only play music files thru the speakers on my laptop which is functioning as the server.

I am including debug and trace output files from wireless network connection and some images from router, Linksys 6350, and from linux network probe.
The debug file shows only a partial listing as the whole file was too large but the content is representative.
Attachments
router device list.png
router device list.png (198.71 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
debug log partial.log
(136.11 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
device info from  router.png
device info from router.png (192.92 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
mik_s

Re: no renderers detected 13.5.0

Post by mik_s »

Could you post your full logs please (see the section in red above) as there was nothing useful in the section you posted.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
formagio

Post by formagio »

I agree there was nothing useful in the logs as far as I could see. However, the entire log file was 13Mb-too large to attach. The rest of the logfile was much the same with apparent repeated attempts to connect. What do you suggest?
formagio

Post by formagio »

Okay obtained a new startup log file which is only 3.5Mb
Attachments
debug.log
(3.62 MiB) Downloaded 138 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Please post the full logs following the instructions. This will zip the logs along with your config files which I will need to see what is happening. The file size will be a lot smaller too.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
formagio

Post by formagio »

Sorry I thought it was complete. Here's the zip file from today.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2023-09-11-11-35.zip
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 142 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I had a quick look though but the filters I have set up in my log viewer showed anything. Looking manually I could only see low level communication between the router and your computer, nothing else was showing up. It was not even doing speed tests which also applies to the loopback IP so I think something on your computer is blocking traffic.

Check your firewall rules to see if you have allowed access for UMS. This should have been set up by the installer but I don't know much about Linux so it could be different. I can't remember what ports are used to set up the rules but you could test by turning off the firewall and see if renderers show up. If they do then you know it is the firewall blocking it.

One thing I saw in your config file was that you have set it to force use the default renderer (renderer_force_default = true) so UMS will not try and match a detected renderer to the correct renderer conf and just use basic generic settings. Change this to false so UMS will try and make a match once it has detected a renderer.