Add support for Cambridge Audio Evo streamer amps.

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here
freemansteve

Add support for Cambridge Audio Evo streamer amps.

Post by freemansteve »

I have been using UMS on my PC for a while now, and it works well!
I have recommended it to many people, including those on the Cambridge Audio Evo users group.

The Evo 75 and Evo 150 streamers have become popular and recognized as "best of breed" all-in-one streamers, so I reckon it's time you supported these units "out of the box", so to speak.

I have modified my local UMS version to display the Evo that is on my network, but each time you release a new code version, I have to add my "CA-Evo 75.conf" file into the "renderers" folder, and modify the UMS.jar file to add the image file of the Evo into "resources\images\clients". It looks pretty on UMS, but I can't use UMS to control what is playing or volume (by clicking on the Evo image).....

It's OK me having to do this, but lots of users would be worried by this, so can I help in some way to get Evo's supported as standard?

Note the the Evo 75 and Evo 150 look identical and as far as DLNA is concerned, behave the same, except reporting being a 75 or a 150...

I attach the files I am using with UMS 13.8....
Attachments
Cambridge_Audio_Evo_75-small.png
Cambridge_Audio_Evo_75-small.png (33.07 KiB) Viewed 3673 times
CA-Evo 75.conf
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
mik_s

Re: Add support for Cambridge Audio Evo streamer amps.

Post by mik_s »

You could open a pull request on Github to have your conf and image included.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
freemansteve

Re: Add support for Cambridge Audio Evo streamer amps.

Post by freemansteve »

Thanks - but I haven't made any changes in the repository; it's all local to my PC.
I don't know how to use github - I was hoping someone familiar might add Evo support :) ... As I say, at present, it's only about showing a picture of an Evo 75 or 150, I cannot send music to the unit or control volume, bump tracks/stop/start etc.