14.0.0-b1

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

14.0.0-b1

Post by SubJunk »

Our first public V14 release is finally here!

The biggest changes involve the ability to control access to your content. This includes improvements to user accounts like avatars and playback status per user, as well as the ability to display different content to different devices.

There have also been many updates to the web settings and player interfaces, including adding the ability to mark sets of files (e.g. TV series) as fully played, and automatic detection of your system dark/light mode preference.

For more details and public download links, see the announcement at https://www.patreon.com/posts/14-0-0-b1-95389502
AVEE

Re: 14.0.0-b1

Post by AVEE »

Green linuxer giving it a spin on my headless Ubuntu 20.4 file server to try and make it a media server to recognize in my new Denon X1800 AVR via HEOS. Wish me luck.
boss

Re: 14.0.0-b1

Post by boss »

AVEE wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:36 pm Green linuxer giving it a spin on my headless Ubuntu 20.4 file server
I've been running UMS on a Gentoo Linux headless file server for many years and it works fine.
One of the renderers I use is a Yamaha AVR which also works fine so I think you should be OK with your Denon AVR. The Denon conf file may just need a bit of tweeking,
Good luck.