Resume Media Files Playback after OS change - Enquiry

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
CatMan

Resume Media Files Playback after OS change - Enquiry

Post by CatMan »

I would say that this is an un-official enquiry because to my knowledge UMS was not designed with this in mind

I have 2 linux OS's installed on my PC at any one time just in case the main os goes down i have a backup one i can use
I can successfully move the entire /home/USER-ACCOUNT/.config/UMS/ folder to my other linux OS /home folder
I now often use Symlinks to media files in a folder that i point the UMS SHARE to

Make sure that the Show the 'Recently Played' folder option is ON in TAB: Navigation Settings in UMS

On your TV Set, you can goto Folder Settings > Manage Resume Files
You will see a list of all the media you have already played that has been played / can be continued from last play point (resumed)

However when you Transfer an entire UMS Database from one OS over to new Linux OS - Media RESUME only shows up in the TV in Folder Settings > Manage Resume Files on the TV,
There is no Resume from last play point shown below the media file

Is it possible to get the normal 'RESUME' to be shown below the video file just played ?
UMS Version: 13.9.0

VARIABLES REVIEWED:

Folder/File Permissions
Changing/Updating the 'SHARE' Paths to Media to playback
File that holds the SHARE PATHS to Media for Playback

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video Files that are to be resumed from previous playback position - Folder Location:

/home/furryone/.config/UMS/data/resume/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

File that holds the SHARE PATHS to Media for Playback - Folder location of file that has the 'SHARE' Paths to Media to playback:

Example:

/home/furryone/.config/UMS/

File: SHARED.conf