How to change the renderer for a given device?

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
rgr

Post by rgr »

I click on the name of the current renderer and on the + sign next to it, but either Notepad opens or I can overwrite another file (and only in the "renderers" folder).
mik_s

Re: How to change the renderer for a given device?

Post by mik_s »

You would have to modify an existing conf that is similar and change the UserAgentSearch and UpnpDetailsSearch options to match your device.
Using the + button will let you write a new conf for that specific device based on its UUID or IP address.

There isn't a way to tell UMS to use another conf for a device at the moment but I think it would make things a lot easier if there was.
I'll make a suggestion to see if this can be added which should be a lot easier now with some of the work done in V14.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
nehakakar

Post by nehakakar »

Hey hi, you should navigate to the renders folder on your device and locate the file associated with the current renderer. Right click on the file and select edit or open with to choose an appropriate editor then make the necessary changes to the renderer settings and save the changes and exit the editor. After that restart the device or the application using the renderer to apply the changes effectively.
boss

Post by boss »

I do the following which has worked well for me.
I rename the "renderers" folder to "renderers.original".
Then create a new "renderers" folder.
Then copy only the *.conf files that I use from the "renderers.original" folder to the "renderers" folder.
Then I make my changes to *.conf files in the "renderers" folder.

By doing that, UMS is not scanning all the unused *.conf files and you have the *.conf files (in original form) in the "renderers.original" folder and your modified
*.conf files in the "renderers" folder.