After latest PS3 update subs not working anymore

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Quaternion

After latest PS3 update subs not working anymore

Post by Quaternion »

First of all a big "Thank You" to all developers of this nifty program. Thumbs up!!
As the subject tells. I have a problem with the subtitles within the MKV. It always worked like a charm, but, I think this problem started after the latest PS3 update a couple of weeks ago.
When playing a movie with subtitles mencoder start using 100% of the cpu and the PS3 shows incompatible data. Then i need to restart the service because the comp is unresponsive (read slow, because of the mencoder taking all resources).
Allready tried downgrading to several other versions but the outcome is the same.
When i disable the subtitles completely, all works as expected.
Am I the only one? If not,.. Did someone solve this and how?
ExSport

Re: After latest PS3 update subs not working anymore

Post by ExSport »

Check if PS3 update made no changes to your network connectivity. It means that WIFI is not used instead of cable etc.
But this should make PS3 unresponsive (using slower WIFI for transcoded video with subs), not the PC so hard to say what is your problem.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi Quaternion :) We need logs in order to help you, please follow these instructions: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556
Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

Thanks for the swift response :) I have attached the log file and made a print screen of the Task Manager.
I was trying (in this case) "Django Unchained (2012).mkv"
btw,.. This is with subtitles enabled.
Attachments
Task Manager
Task Manager
UMS.png (43.49 KiB) Viewed 10852 times
ums_dbg.zip
Debug Logs
(94.09 KiB) Downloaded 420 times
Last edited by Quaternion on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

This one is with the subtitles disabled (same movie though) :)
(2 x VGA in SLI with CoreAVC)
Attachments
Task Manager
Task Manager
UMS.png (59.07 KiB) Viewed 10849 times
ums_dbg.zip
Debug Log
(94.34 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

I have a problem with the subtitles within the MKV. It always worked like a charm, but, I think this problem started after the latest PS3 update a couple of weeks ago.
It does for all of your files or Django only? When subs are needed, 80-100% CPU usage is normal.
In log I spotted MEncoder creates separate video stream with subs. It also creates modded audio DTS stream so it can be played on PS3. These two streams are muxed together with tsMuxeR.
I can't say which one is problematic, but UMS logged null input stream:
TRACE 2013-04-29 10:56:40.028 [New I/O worker #3] External input stream instance is null... sounds not good, waiting 500ms
TRACE 2013-04-29 10:56:40.528 [New I/O worker #3] External input stream instance is null... sounds not good, waiting 500ms
TRACE 2013-04-29 10:56:41.028 [New I/O worker #3] External input stream instance is null... sounds not good, waiting 500ms
TRACE 2013-04-29 10:56:41.529 [Hanging External Process Stopper] External input stream instance is null... stopping process
ERROR 2013-04-29 10:56:41.529 [New I/O worker #3] There is no inputstream to return for Django Unchained (2012)
DEBUG 2013-04-29 10:56:41.529 [Thread-122] Error :null
DEBUG 2013-04-29 10:56:41.529 [Thread-126] Error :null
Try to untick Keep DTS track in AUDIO settings in GUI so audio will be reencoded to AC3 so if problematic stream is audio, it should play. If video, file will be unplayable. Anyway it seems MEncoder/tsMuxeR has problem with this file.
Make new log with this settings so we can avoid wrong DTS audio track as a culprit.
Thx
Quaternion

Post by Quaternion »

Hi,.. Thanks again. Django is just an example. I have it with all movies that are having subtitles.
Tomorrow. I will create new log files. Today we are going to get a new King ;) so it's time to celebrate and drink some beer :)

btw. I had a cpu usage between 70% and 90% with subtitles enabled (when it was working).
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

So you must be from Dutch :mrgreen:
Happy celebration!
Taxman

Post by Taxman »

Quaternion wrote:First of all a big "Thank You" to all developers of this nifty program. Thumbs up!!
As the subject tells. I have a problem with the subtitles within the MKV. It always worked like a charm, but, I think this problem started after the latest PS3 update a couple of weeks ago.
When playing a movie with subtitles mencoder start using 100% of the cpu and the PS3 shows incompatible data. Then i need to restart the service because the comp is unresponsive (read slow, because of the mencoder taking all resources).
Allready tried downgrading to several other versions but the outcome is the same.
When i disable the subtitles completely, all works as expected.
Am I the only one? If not,.. Did someone solve this and how?
I think i´ve goy a problem similar to yours. Check out my thread to see if that is the case. Hopefully my logs can help...
(viewtopic.php?f=9&t=886)