Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (2 Feb 2013)

Post by infidel »

A couple of things to get the new UMS url resolver feature functioning properly:
  • Linux/Mac only: There's currently a bug in UMS which prevents playback of urls resolved via the new UMS url resolver feature. You can fix this now by placing the update.jar below in your UMS program folder:
    linux-osx-resolver_fix.zip
    unzip to UMS program folder
    (19.69 KiB) Downloaded 631 times
  • All platforms: Disable the youtube filter in ffmpeg.webfilters (located in your profile folder next to UMS.conf) by placing '#' at the beginning of its line in the EXCLUDE section:
    #gdata\.youtube\.com|youtube_gdata
Last edited by infidel on Sat May 18, 2013 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (17 May 2013)

Post by infidel »

Update: jumpy-0.2.7
Penda

Post by Penda »

infidel wrote:Update: jumpy-0.2.7
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Fixes all my current issues.
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

infidel wrote:Update: jumpy-0.2.7

Greets Infidel, hope all is well. I will first offer you my gratitude for your efforts, this program has been a large part of my life for quite a while now. That may be sad.

Anyway, I just updated to the latest 2.6.4 release and installed PMSEncoder, MovieInfo and Jumpy-XBMC and have run into some problems. I read your update guide and I think i am following it until I get to the part where you talk about installing what I assume to be a Jumpy XBMC add-on. I base this on the fact that the installation example you provided on your guide described the method to install an XBMC add-on using the Install via zip option. Is there indeed an actual XBMC add-on that I should be installing. Where is the addon or better yet the repository. If I misread please explain. I think I understand that with the latest releases of all pieces Jumpy is now able to act as a URL resolver for all UMS web based activities (as far as I understand it anyway). I believe I made all the necessary changes; modified the ffmpeg.webfilter file, placed the ffmpeg.webfilter.first.groovy (sp?) file in the scripts directory and modified the resolver.py file according to your instrunction. I just did a reread of the instructions and I am now wondering if I missed something and there are actually three options for URL resolution, not just two. It states that it can be done by youtube-dl, XBMC URL Resolver or use Jumpy itself to resolve URLs. I assumed at first that the URL resolution available from Jumpy was the XBMC URL Resolver but recent discoveries make me wonder if I might be mistaken and it is yet another option in addition to the XBMC URL Resolver and Youtube-DL.

Can you please clarify if not too difficult.

Peace!
Peace!
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

S7eele wrote:this program has been a large part of my life for quite a while now. That may be sad.
Me too, for better or worse :).

S7eele wrote:I am now wondering if I missed something and there are actually three options for URL resolution
No, there's only two mechanisms, xbmc urlresolver and youtube-dl, and jumpy just acts as the middleman between UMS and these two. The quick way to check whether everything is in place is to look in jumpy.log near the top:
[jumpy] setEnv: xbmc_lang=English (US)
urlresolver version 2.0.9
[jumpy] GETPROPERTY youtube-dl.lib.path
youtube-dl version 2013.05.14
[jumpy] setEnv: resolvers=xbmc urlresolver youtube-dl
where jumpy is reporting which resolvers were found (and active).

Additionally:
  • if you use the jumpy installer you don't need to do anything further, both resolvers should be installed automatically. The only other thing you may want to do (on Windows only, if you also have Channels installed), is to disable youtube-dl in jumpy as described since there isn't any point in having it invoked by both plugins.
  • the jumpy xbmc addon and repo aren't required for anything, they're dummies added by the jumpy auto-installer and the only purpose is to notify xbmc (at its next startup) that the urlresolver and youtube addons need to be fetched and installed if not already present. It's just a "trick" to get these installed automatically, so you won't have to do it by hand.
  • note that the xbmc urlresolver needs the youtube addon for resolving youtube urls. This has nothing to do with youtube-dl, which is a separate issue.
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

infidel wrote:
S7eele wrote:this program has been a large part of my life for quite a while now. That may be sad.
Me too, for better or worse :).

S7eele wrote:I am now wondering if I missed something and there are actually three options for URL resolution

Thx so much for the quick response and roger on all points. I don't currently have channels installed but I have disabled the youtube-dl resolver as per the easily understood instructions you have made available on your site. I do have a couple points from my last post that I want to make sure I am clear on. I understand, mostly :? , what your doing with the Jumpy repo/plugin for XBMC and I am clear that the Youtube video add-on for XBMC must be installed as well.

1) First point of clarification, I am assuming that I will never need to install a Jumpy repo/plugin since my install was all manual. The repo/plugin is just used as part of the installation process if using the Windows executable. It ensures the right add-ons are installed, specifically the urlresolver script and the Youtube video add-on. Is this correct?

2) Assuming the steps I took that I listed in the first post were done properly since you didn't mention any specific problems. Is that accurate.

I have things up and running with the latest versions as I indicated in my first post. Some detail of the install process I used is provided in above post as well, if needed. It is working and I am getting things working smoother every day. Get great play from 1Channel/Letmewatchthis, Navi-X (thx umsfan), Projectfree TV and most recently Vidics. Obviously certain sites will work well for different people, I have real good luck with sharesix, filenuke (sometimes have to try to start a couple times), zalaa and movreel. I have no premium accounts which actually segways perfectly into my first question below;

3) I am going to secure a premium/paid account and it seems the best route would be an Alldebrid, Realdebrid or Premiumizeme (newer, not well supported) type service that generates links from a host of filesharing sites. Can you suggest or, even better, recommend one? I am in the Southeast US and have a strong connection, 50 down 20 up. If anyone else reads this and has any input please reply.

4) where the appropriate artwork for the movie or episode used to be displayed I now see a default file icon, almost looks like an empty folder icon. They play but previously instead of using a file/folder icon a video thumbnail of the specific movie or episode would be displayed. Sometimes custom icons are visible, trying to think of a particular XBMC add-on but can't at the moment. I have also noticed some folder and file structure changes in ProjectFree TV and 1Channel but again, haven't had time to troubleshoot and may just be a change, not a problem.

5) this may just be the result of not noticing it before but I seem to see Mencoder as a player when accessing 1Channel where it used to be FFMPEG WEB Video. When I play a livestream from Add-ons like The Giddyup Network, Veetle or LiveLeak it pulls up the FFMPEG Web Video. Just seems like I am seeing Mencoder where it wasn't previously.

If you have any thoughts, even if its just a point in a close direction it would be appreciated. I also take pause after writing this post and think about the fact that I have just documented a number of add-ons that I have verified as working via Jumpy. Do you already have this data, is it something you would be interested in?

Peace and thanks again!
Peace!
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

infidel wrote:No, there's only two mechanisms, xbmc urlresolver and youtube-dl, and jumpy just acts as the middleman between UMS and these two. The quick way to check whether everything is in place is to look in jumpy.log near the top:
[jumpy] setEnv: xbmc_lang=English (US)
[jumpy] GETPROPERTY youtube-dl.lib.path
youtube-dl version 2013.05.14
[jumpy] setEnv: resolvers=xbmc urlresolver youtube-dl
where jumpy is reporting which resolvers were found (and active).
Hello again Infidel, I know I am hitting you with a lot of different items, if you have a preferred method let me know (github?) Anyway, after you responded with the information above I did indeed check the jumpy.log and where you listed three examples of what to look for I only see one. Not sure whether that is normal if I selected to use urlresolver and disabled youtube-dl as your instructions indicate. The one line that I am seeing is in bold italics in the following jumpy.log excerpt:
python 2.7.2

[jumpy] HOME
[jumpy] GETVAR xbmc_info
[jumpy] GETVAR xbmc_paths
[jumpy] setEnv: xbmc_lang=English
[jumpy] setEnv: resolvers=xbmc urlresolver

[jumpy] Reading bookmark: TV Series (Mega Pack) :Navi-X
[jumpy] Reading bookmark: ProjectFree TV :Navi-X
[/quote]

I included just a couple lines before and after the text specific to the urlresolver statement.

So I guess my question is:

1) is the sample text I provided exactly what I should be seeing or have I messed something up? Should I still be seeing anything about youtube-dl, I am hoping not as I followed your instruction on how to disable it.

As always thanks and peace.
Peace!
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

S7eele wrote:I don't currently have channels installed but I have disabled the youtube-dl resolver
It's not necessary to disable youtube-dl in that case. The only reason to disable it is if you're on Windows with Channels and youtube-dl both installed. If jumpy can't find youtube-dl it automatically disables support for it.
S7eele wrote:[jumpy] setEnv: xbmc_lang=English
[jumpy] setEnv: resolvers=xbmc urlresolver
Yes, this means jumpy is using urlresolver but not youtube-dl (since you disabled it yourself).
S7eele wrote:I am assuming that I will never need to install a Jumpy repo/plugin since my install was all manual. The repo/plugin is just used as part of the installation process if using the Windows[, Linux or Mac] executable.
right :).
S7eele wrote:Assuming the steps I took that I listed in the first post were done properly since you didn't mention any specific problems. Is that accurate.
afaict your manual install is good.
S7eele wrote:I have also noticed some folder and file structure changes
The only difference in the new version is that in a lot of cases you'll see all the media items together in the same upper folder instead of each inside a separate subfolder.
S7eele wrote:previously instead of using a file/folder icon a video thumbnail of the specific movie or episode would be displayed...
You should still be seeing thumbnails in the new version wherever you previously saw them. 2 things to try:
  • It could have to do with caching, since UMS (and also software-based renderers, e.g. android or xbmc) will cache thumbnails to speed things up. Once (for whatever reason) the "wrong" thumbnail goes into the cache it persists until you delete the cache, so maybe something like this has happened for you. I don't know the details of your setup, but try deleting the temporary cache folder, i.e. for UMS in Windows:

Code: Select all

c:\Users\[username]\Local Settings\Temp\universalmediaserver\
    For Android (or whatever other renderer, if applicable) delete the app's 'data' in its Settings.
  • If the above doesn't fix things there's a chance it could be a side-effect of the new playback behaviour, so try reverting jumpy to its old ways by adding this setting to jumpy.conf:

resolve_at_playback=false
    and see if it makes any difference vis. thumbnails (and report back :)).
S7eele wrote:I seem to see Mencoder as a player when accessing 1Channel where it used to be FFMPEG WEB Video.
This is because of the new "resolve at playback" feature, which means that in the interests of efficiency jumpy creates the media link on the xmb early (as soon as it has a name and possibly a thumbnail), and leaves the rest of the job (i.e. resolving to an actual media url) for later on if/when you actually click on the link. This means that the initial link is an unspecified generic 'WEB' item which UMS assigns to the first web engine (presumably mencoder in your case). Later, when you click on it, the link is resolved and reassigned to the correct player (e.g. FFmpeg Web Video) based on its actual content right before playback starts.
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

infidel wrote:
S7eele wrote:I have also noticed some folder and file structure changes
The only difference in the new version is that in a lot of cases you'll see all the media items together in the same upper folder instead of each inside a separate subfolder.
Definitely noticed this in Project Free TV. I'll be on the lookout for others. It works better like that in some situations but not in others. Wonder if it could be controlled per add-on on the xbmc side. I know some plugins have settings for exactly that (showing a show as a single season, etc.) but I am not familiar with how it all works.
infidel wrote:
S7eele wrote:previously instead of using a file/folder icon a video thumbnail of the specific movie or episode would be displayed...
You should still be seeing thumbnails in the new version wherever you previously saw them. 2 things to try:
  • It could have to do with caching, since UMS (and also software-based renderers, e.g. android or xbmc) will cache thumbnails to speed things up. Once (for whatever reason) the "wrong" thumbnail goes into the cache it persists until you delete the cache, so maybe something like this has happened for you. I don't know the details of your setup, but try deleting the temporary cache folder, i.e. for UMS in Windows:

c:\Users\[username]\Local Settings\Temp\universalmediaserver\
    For Android (or whatever other renderer, if applicable) delete the app's 'data' in its Settings.
  • If the above doesn't fix things there's a chance it could be a side-effect of the new playback behaviour, so try reverting jumpy to its old ways by adding this setting to jumpy.conf:

resolve_at_playback=false
    and see if it makes any difference vis. thumbnails (and report back :)).
S7eele wrote:I seem to see Mencoder as a player when accessing 1Channel where it used to be FFMPEG WEB Video.
This is because of the new "resolve at playback" feature, which means that in the interests of efficiency jumpy creates the media link on the xmb early (as soon as it has a name and possibly a thumbnail), and leaves the rest of the job (i.e. resolving to an actual media url) for later on if/when you actually click on the link. This means that the initial link is an unspecified generic 'WEB' item which UMS assigns to the first web engine (presumably mencoder in your case). Later, when you click on it, the link is resolved and reassigned to the correct player (e.g. FFmpeg Web Video) based on its actual content right before playback starts.
1)That helps a great deal with my understanding of how things work. So FFMPEG Web Video is still being used but not until UMS first identifies it as a generic web item and assigns it to Mencoder since it is the first transcoding engine in the list. However, when the link is actually selected it determines it is a web video stream and it uses FFMPEG Web Video since it is first in the list of web engines. Based on this basic understanding I have one remaining issue, I have checked this several times recently during playback of far too many episodes of Justified and even after it starts playing you can press select on the PS3 controller to pull up the info bars which still indicate Mencoder is being used. Should I just not worry about this, things are working.

2) Not sure if you just missed it or if you don't really have anything to say on the matter but I am going to be purchasing a subscription on one of the big hosting services or more likely a RealDebrid, AllDebrid or Premiumizeme services that will generate a premium link to any number of sites they are partnered with. Any advice or suggestions?

I can't say this enough, thanks again Infidel your product and your support is outstanding, I promise to slow down on the posts and leave you alone. ;)

P.S. - When I was listing the XBMC add-ons I have been able to verify as working with Jumpy I forgot to add IceFilms and Dailyflix. In both I have encountered a number of links that have no sources to select even if you find a folder for it. I have played content on both so I know they work, just content provider issues.
Peace!
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

S7eele wrote:2) Not sure if you just missed it or if you don't really have anything to say on the matter but I am going to be purchasing a subscription on one of the big hosting services or more likely a RealDebrid, AllDebrid or Premiumizeme services that will generate a premium link to any number of sites they are partnered with. Any advice or suggestions?
No specific advice, since I've never tried them :). The short answer is that they ought to work in jumpy to whatever extent they work in xbmc itself. Realdebrid/Alldebrid are supported by the xbmc urlresolver which means they should work with any addons that use the urlresolver.