MEncoder and subtitle problem

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
sanjeev

Re: MEncoder and subtitle problem

Post by sanjeev »

Where do I find the AviSynth/MEncode option ? I cannot see that in the list.
kruol

Post by kruol »

AviSynth/Menconder option remains on "Transconding Settings" Tab, in "Video Engines". However to get it able to run you have to install AviSynth. (available on Windows platform).
Look at the tab help on the UMS for better explanation.
sanjeev

Post by sanjeev »

Thanks. Is there a mac version of AviSynth ? I am on osx 10.8.3 and cannot see these options..
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi sanjeev, unfortunately AviSynth is Windows-only
sanjeev

Post by sanjeev »

Thanks.

So back to the original problem :), any clues on how we can get this running with mencoder ? (ffmpeg is not showing subtitles, else I would have been very happy with ffmpeg as well)

Best
Sanjeev
sanjeev

Post by sanjeev »

I have tried many configurations and options. Nothing works.

I got ffmpeg subtitles working (the font folder is in the wrong location in osx package), but they do not work on all video files. Very weird.

Given most of my video collection is not working with any engine consistently on UMS, and EVERYTHING is working on PMS 1.81.0, I am forced to switch to using PMS. Unfortunate, but I have no way out and there seems to be no progress even after providing all the logs and details.

This is both on 2.6.4 & 3.0.x
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

Sanjeev, could you tell me the location the font folder is meant to be in so i can change it when it's built next.
sorry you feel that way Sanjeev, hopefully we can fix your problems and you'll come back.
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
sanjeev

Post by sanjeev »

The "font" folder should be located in the "Resources" folder. In the 3.0.x build, it is in the "Resources/osx/" folder which contains the media executables (mencoder, ffmpeg etc). Needs to be moved one level up. 2.6.4 has the correct font folder location.

I have been a UMS fan and really not happy to move anywhere else. Hope fixes come in soon

Regards,
Sanjeev
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

I'll fix it for you sanjeev, and always let me know of any other issues you have with the OS-X build. 3.0.0-a1 was a manual build process this time round thats why it ended up in the wrong folder. 2.x.x series won't be affected
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
sanjeev

Post by sanjeev »

Thanks a bunch. Now really waiting for a fix on mencoder not working. ffmpeg has never been reliable for me (w.r.t subtitles).

eager to see a fix...till then I will live with PMS 1.81