Roku Soundbridge Support

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
be4con

Roku Soundbridge Support

Post by be4con »

There are a few Roku threads but they all seem to be referring to the media player rather than the Roku/Pinnacle Soundbridge.

I came to UMS from the Subjunk build of PS3 Media Server. That worked as a server for both my Pinnacle and Roku M1001 Soundbridges. UMS doesn't show up as a server though and doesn't find either unit as renderers.

Is there any way around this or will I need to go back to PS3 Media Server?

Thanks
Spannaa

Re: Roku Soundbridge Support

Post by Spannaa »

be4con wrote:There are a few Roku threads but they all seem to be referring to the media player rather than the Roku/Pinnacle Soundbridge.

I came to UMS from the Subjunk build of PS3 Media Server. That worked as a server for both my Pinnacle and Roku M1001 Soundbridges. UMS doesn't show up as a server though and doesn't find either unit as renderers.

Is there any way around this or will I need to go back to PS3 Media Server?

Thanks
Hi,

I moved to UMS from Firefly Media Server and I'm using it successfully with a Roku Soundbridge M1001.

The Soundbridge is connected to my router via ethernet and it shows up in UMS as a Philips Aurea TV.

I had random connection problems when I ran UMS as a Windows service but, if I don't run it as a service and just start it automatically when Windows starts, the Soundbridge always finds my UMS music library.