Changing "Keep DTS tracks mode" based on IP address?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
hd1080ts

Changing "Keep DTS tracks mode" based on IP address?

Post by hd1080ts »

I have 3 x PS3s in the house with only one PS3 connected to a DTS capable AV reciever.
Is there a way to set the "Keep DTS tracks (no-rencode)" mode based on IP address or similar?

What I want is for the PS3 with the DTS receiver to get DTS and for the other PS3s to get re-encoded to AC3.

Thanks.
kangocartman

Re: Changing "Keep DTS tracks mode" based on IP address?

Post by kangocartman »

I have this setup but with 2 PS3 you have to set up using the profiles start up.
I've got 2 ps3 conf files but renamed them Lounge for the one with the amp and bedroom for the one that doesn't.
It seems confusing but really it isn't.

Ps Forgot to add I have found it's wise to force the IP address for the different PS3's.
hd1080ts

Post by hd1080ts »

So I duplicate the PS3.CONF and create a PS3_NO_DTS.CONF with the "WrapDTSIntoPCM = false"

Where do I tie the static IP of the PS3 to a specific .CONF ?
kangocartman

Post by kangocartman »

Not sure about that, the way I've done it is to start the ums via the select profiles, this creates a conf file in the UMS folder in program/data I set all the things I want it to do DTS etc and that saves those details to that UMS.conf. I do this via the UMS gui not the conf files.
I then rename that file to the location I have the DTS receiver eg. Lounge I do this for each location of my PS3's, so in your case you would have 3 conf files.
You must select the IP adress and also force the port, I have the lounge on 5001 (default) and the bedroom on 6001.
Remember when you start UMS it has to be via the select profiles ie Start>All Programs> UMS Media Server>UMS Media Server (Select Profile), Or you could set a shortcut on your desktop to where the conf files are as it saves time.
I hope this is clearer.
Kc
hd1080ts

Post by hd1080ts »

Thanks a lot clearer, you have to run a different profile to make the change.

I was after having UMS change the setting based on the IP address of the client.
kangocartman

Post by kangocartman »

That's right you will be running 3 javaw.exe so can use a lot of cpu.
No afaik you would have to have 3 icons in the task bar showing each PS3
If there is another way I'm sure someone will have it but this is what I do and it works well for me :D
Kc