Sony R550A

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
sukh77

Sony R550A

Post by sukh77 »

Just purchased a 70R550a the renderer gets detected as Vizio TV. TV is really slow to load any AVI or MKV files.
I'm still using the 3.0 a5 release. Tried to update last night to the latest, got some errors. Will try again.
Hopefully its something easy that can be changed in the conf file. I will post the results if I get to it, but if anyone has info before hand please share.

Still playing around with various conf files. If I remove the vizio tv conf out the renderer doesn't get detected, the logs are attached with vizio tv.conf removed.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(15.39 KiB) Downloaded 574 times
sukh77

Re: Sony R550A

Post by sukh77 »

Any help please. I still have not figured it out. I've been playing around with some of the conf but nothing has worked. Tversity loads a bit faster, but sucks compared to ums.
sukh77

Post by sukh77 »

Found another media server. Plex, works great.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

That debug log shows that it found a Samsung 55" C750 LCD TV, and then an unknown renderer that doesn't seem to offer anything to identify itself with. All it gives us is "IPI/1.0 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50" which is generic, it's the same thing Vizio uses.
I recommend you keep the Vizio one disabled, then choose one of the Sony TVs (like Sony Bravia EX) in the "Default renderer when detection fails" setting on the "General Configuration" tab.
sukh77

Post by sukh77 »

Found a renderer that works, Sony Bravia EX620.
Went from the top of the list and tried the sony renderer's. Below is a list of issues that occurred as I tried them, until I found Sony Bravia EX620.
Sony Bravia 4500 - folder list loads fast, but doesn't disaplay any movie titles in the folders.
Sony Bravia 5500 - No folder list is displayed.
Sony Bravia EX - No folder list is displayed.
Sony Bravia HX - No folder list displayed.
Sony Bravia W6/W8/W9 - No folder list displayed.

The TV is not able to play MKV or Divx/Xvid/AVI files. Any way around that?
Plays mpg, M2ts, mp4

Samsung AllShare - plays all file formats, getting an error audio not supported on MKV files with DTS sound.

Thank you for re-opening this thread.
sukh77

Post by sukh77 »

Modified the BlackBerryPlayBook-KalemSoftMP.conf and created my own BraviaR.conf file. Now I'm able to play DTS audio, seems like this changes the audio from DTS to AC3? Not sure maybe someone with more knowledge could provide input.
Attachments
BraviaR.conf
SONY R Series TV's
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 760 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Not sure if we are adding new configs that conflict with older ones - in this case it would conflict with Vizio. I'll check with the other devs
sukh77

Post by sukh77 »

Well if it does conflict with other renderers, We can keep it here and update as needed. I still left the vizio file out so that is probably why I didn't notice any conflicts.
djrobinn

Post by djrobinn »

sukh77 wrote:Modified the BlackBerryPlayBook-KalemSoftMP.conf and created my own BraviaR.conf file. Now I'm able to play DTS audio, seems like this changes the audio from DTS to AC3? Not sure maybe someone with more knowledge could provide input.
Thanks for this sukh77 but pardon the newbie question, how do I 'inject' this BraviaR.conf file in UMS? I just installed UMS and didn't really see an instruction manual of sorts for this... thanks and sorry!
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

all conf files resides in the renderers folder in the install folder of ums.

Sent from my SGH-T999 Using ForumTouch for Android