Two Playstation 3s, UMS not able to access on both

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
DruTheFu

Two Playstation 3s, UMS not able to access on both

Post by DruTheFu »

I'm running into an issue with using UMS and my two Playstation 3s. Once the UMS starts, I am successfully able to access via my main PS3, or my second PS3, depending which I try to access first. After I'm finished, I go upstairs to my bedroom and decide to watch something via my second PS3. When I try to access the UMS, it does not even display as being available. I then have to go back downstairs, manually restart UMS, then go back upstairs and I am now able to see it on the screen for access. My two PS3s have different IP Addresses, different hostnames, etc. I'm running a Gbit Network run to PS3 #1 (too bad the PS3 is only 100Mb), and the PS3 #2 upstairs is running over a Powerline 100Mb hardwire network run.

I never had this problem when using the PMS prior to giving UMS a try a couple of days ago. I was able to stream to many devices at once, and in the least, see the PMS available for access on all of my devices. Is there some sort of setting in UMS that will allow me to access UMS without having to manually restart every time, or maybe even allow access at the same time?

I am using v3.4.0 of UMS.

Thanks
DruTheFu

Re: Two Playstation 3s, UMS not able to access on both

Post by DruTheFu »

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or have any corrective action to take?
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

Working well for me. Check UMS logs to see if it doesnt complain of any blocked port or so.
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
emerson8

Post by emerson8 »

same here, actually streaming to 2 PS3's ( which in fact, is not 100MB only..as far as I know...),
also, often streaming to either a LG or Sony TV. So, 3 clients at the same time = no issue unless off course
if everyone tries transcoding something at the same time....

So, a clean install or a thorough look through the debug file.
UMS itself shouldn't have a problem with the 2 PS3's.