Renderer Detection = Must Restart

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
GunerX

Renderer Detection = Must Restart

Post by GunerX »

So I am enjoying UMS (I was previously using PMS but I wanted to try this out and see if it helped with the stutter problem I was having, I have solved that problem), for the first few days everything was fine, no problems at all. Then suddenly for no apparent reason, I have to restart the server every time I want to watch something on my PS3 or my Blueray player. I did not have to do this yesterday, but all day today it refuses to detect the 2 renderers and I have to restart it after the PS3 or Blueray player are turned on already to make it find them.

I have already run through several forum threads that touched on this subject a little bit, so I will run through the list of things Ive already done so we can check those off the list.

I have opened the port on my firewall.
I have forwarded the port in my router.
I have a static IP and I am also forcing the IP in UMS.
I am forcing the port in UMS.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of Java.
I have checked the log files and there are no errors. When the server is working it works perfectly fine.

So the above is everything I have done in an attempt to solve this problem. Anyone got any ideas to fix this?
GunerX

Re: Renderer Detection = Must Restart

Post by GunerX »

it seems making a Whitelist has solved this problem....for now....I get the feeling its going to come back though seeing as how many others have had this same problem. And what strikes me as odd is that it worked perfectly fine yesterday but today it needed a whitelist...why?