Audio and subtitle priorities

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
mos619

Audio and subtitle priorities

Post by mos619 »

New user, inexperienced with this type of stuff. I'm trying to stream dual audio mkv anime on my ps3 and play the jap audio and eng subtitles.

I've done some searching and, from what I understand, I need to edit the audio and subtitle priorities in the transcoding settings. The only problem is my transcoding settings tab is empty except for a check box to either enable or disable subtitles. If anyone could help me figure this out, I'd appreciate it.
Vallimar

Re: Audio and subtitle priorities

Post by Vallimar »

Under the 'General Configuration' tab, uncheck the 'Hide advanced options' box and then restart UMS.
Alternatively, when browsing on your PS3, enter the special transcoding folder for what you want to
watch and choose the encoding/audio/subtitle option from there.
mos619

Re: Audio and subtitle priorities

Post by mos619 »

Awesome, thanks a lot :D I almost had to use ps3 media server cause I couldn't figure out the advanced options thing. Now that you said that, I remember getting asked about it during install. Next time I'll have to pay more attention to what I'm agreeing to. :lol:

That transcode folder in the PS3 is super convenient, don't have to worry about entering the codes properly. I found that I could get it to work using PS3 MS, but some of the dual audio files were slightly different so the jap tracks didn't play for some reason. Tried both jn and jap before eng, but still didn't work.