Project of the month

Announcements about Universal Media Server
DeFlanko

Re: Project of the month

Post by DeFlanko »

Ranger187 wrote:I voted. And told all my friends that I converted from PMS > UMS to vote as well. ;)

And what about Android/iPhone support to remotely control UMS?
Well i don't know about an "APP" being developed but there was this lovely feature that i would love to see integrated some how when the web branch gets merged...
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

DeFlanko wrote:
Ranger187 wrote:I voted. And told all my friends that I converted from PMS > UMS to vote as well. ;)

And what about Android/iPhone support to remotely control UMS?
Well i don't know about an "APP" being developed but there was this lovely feature that i would love to see integrated some how when the web branch gets merged...
AFAIK, that web feature was intended for remote administration of UMS settings. While
SharkHunter wrote:
Wolfgan wrote:Congrats team! Good recognition of a project being regularly improved and in touch with the users community.

From https://sourceforge.net/blog/march-2014-potm/ :

Code: Select all

SF: What is the next big thing for Universal Media Server?
SJ: We have been working hard on a web interface, which will allow us to support devices even without DLNA support.
Does that mean leveraging HTML5 video tags or some JS based player?
Wolf.
HTML5 has issues with mp4 transcoding. But JS based flash is working at least. There are some issues left with thumb generation times. You could try it yourself if you can't wait :)
https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... r/pull/142
was intended for media consumption thru a browser (and avoid using a DLNA client). Or are both part of the same effort?
Thx for any clarification, Wolf
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
Ranger187

Post by Ranger187 »

Thanks guys.

It would just be nice to have an app that allows remote control with a nice interface (I could actually build this) and it wasn't meant for viewing the streaming, just for administering it.

Congrats again on the WELL DESERVED WIN!
CardcaptorRLH85

Post by CardcaptorRLH85 »

Ranger187 wrote:Thanks guys.

It would just be nice to have an app that allows remote control with a nice interface (I could actually build this) and it wasn't meant for viewing the streaming, just for administering it.

Congrats again on the WELL DESERVED WIN!
That would be a nice feature but if you want it working now you could try the way I'm doing it right now. I'm using a laptop running XBMC connected to the TV in my living room via HDMI cable to stream from the media server running UMS and I control the XBMC instance with XBMC Remote for Android. That way I can control the stream with my phone. If I set up Wake on LAN correctly, I could even turn on the laptop with my phone but right now that'd be overkill ^_^
Ranger187

Post by Ranger187 »

No laptop. Hence why I want control via phone. ;)
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

Well deserved! Thanks to all of you who make this stuff work.

Peace!
Peace!
TechWhizZ199

Post by TechWhizZ199 »

DO you guys have any plans for integrating torrent streams onto UMS, so we can play a torrent stream as for example Acestream does it?