Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (24 January 2014)

Post by infidel »

DualC wrote:Tested with our WD Tv Live, but also with xbmc on my computer but it's seems to get the same error.
Try setting TranscodeAudio to LPCM or MP3 in XBMC.conf, e.g.:

Code: Select all

TranscodeAudio = LPCM
if you still have problems, please attach a set of TRACE logs using the Logs >> Pack debug files button in the gui.
DualC

Post by DualC »

infidel wrote:
DualC wrote:Tested with our WD Tv Live, but also with xbmc on my computer but it's seems to get the same error.
Try setting TranscodeAudio to LPCM or MP3 in XBMC.conf, e.g.:

Code: Select all

TranscodeAudio = LPCM
if you still have problems, please attach a set of TRACE logs using the Logs >> Pack debug files button in the gui.

Hi again.

I tried the things u gave me and it's seems we got some result.

I didint know where i should made the change "TranscodeAudio" thing, so i made the change in the Renderer files for WD Tv Live and xbmc.

I changed the xbmc to MP3 and i was able to play music after some buffring, BUT it became to play all the files in the list after each other and not the one i wanted to listen to, like some sort of LOOP.

The WD Tv Live seems more tricky, i tried both LPCM and MP3 as u told me to and the LPCM seems not to get any match in the logfile, but the MP3 string and also the old WAV string seems to match, but it doesent starts to play :/

I attach the packed logfiles as u wanted with the trace option enabled.

/M
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
ums packed dbg files
(47.92 KiB) Downloaded 482 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

DualC wrote:I changed the xbmc to MP3 and i was able to play music after some buffring, BUT it became to play all the files in the list after each other and not the one i wanted to listen to, like some sort of LOOP.
I think it's specific to the xbmc music player logic somehow. For me xbmc plays the first 30 seconds of the requested file and then starts the next one, but my Sony Bluray plays everything correctly.
DualC wrote:The WD Tv Live seems more tricky, i tried both LPCM and MP3 as u told me to and the LPCM seems not to get any match in the logfile, but the MP3 string and also the old WAV string seems to match, but it doesent starts to play :/
I'm not sure this will make any difference, but replace the previous update.jar with the new one below and then in WDTVLive.conf try
  • TranscodeAudio as MP3 or WAV.
  • Also try disabling the corresponding 'Supported' line for the TranscodeAudio format, e.g. for MP3 comment out this line with a #:
    #Supported = f:mp3 m:audio/mpeg
ums-3.4.3-update-web-audio2.zip
unzip to UMS program folder
(52.97 KiB) Downloaded 494 times
And it's not necessary to quote this entire post in your response, or anything at all even. Please quote only if it clarifies some point you're making :).
DualC

Post by DualC »

Hi again Infidel.

I have make some realy good progress on my own .. as trying diffrent things in the Renderer file for WD TV Live.

I installed the xmbc patch + the new patch for UMS as u attached, .. but the error's whas the same .. even if i did as u told med to do ..

But i tried as a wild thing to disable the "TranscodeAudio=WAV" line in the Renderer file.. and now all streams plays like a charm.. :)

I guess the WD TV Live can handle the stream ecellent and doesent need to transcode it.

Anyway it seems to work now, and i have listen to reLive i had problems with and also Digitallyimported who works perfekt.. :)

/M
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

DualC wrote:But i tried as a wild thing to disable the "TranscodeAudio=WAV" line in the Renderer file.. and now all streams plays like a charm.. :)
Excellent :D! 2 questions:
  • Does it work if you remove update.jar?
  • Does it work if you reinstall the original jumpy (by running the installer again)?
DualC

Post by DualC »

Hi Agin..

And no ... it's seems it must be patched both ways, .. seems like the URL resolver or somthing in the jumpy xbmc thing doesent find the correct streamurl otherwise.

I have tried the diffrent combinations, .. and the only way i was able to get it work was with the newest update and the xbmc patch + the change in the renderer file.

/M
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

DualC wrote:And no ... it's seems it must be patched both ways
Thx :). I'll make the appropriate changes in code (it may take a while). If/when you update UMS remember to remove update.jar (and put it back only if the problem is still there, which means UMS hasn't been patched yet).
DualC

Post by DualC »

Thx ..

And i hope the changes i made doesnt make problems for me to play other things ..like movies and stuff.. ?

/M
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

@infidel
@DualC

I read through your discussion. Wanted to try and apply it to a problem I am having to see if it might help. Just need to verify exactly which file DualC is referring to as the "xbmc patch +". I believe it is referring to the second of the two attachments referenced in the message below, specifically 'xbmc-dev-140308.zip'. Is that correct?
infidel wrote:
DualC wrote:I have also installed xbmc addon ReLive
Hi, install these 2 updates and let me know if it helps:
  • ums-3.4.3-update-web-audio.zip
  • xbmc-dev-140308.zip
Thanks much!

Peace!
Peace!
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

S7eele wrote:specifically 'xbmc-dev-140308.zip'. Is that correct?
Hi an correct :). The other attachment (ums-3.4.3-update-web-audio.zip) just makes the ffmpegaudio transcoder accept web audio urls.