UMS for Synology DiskStation Manager 6

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here
Dragonetti

UMS for Synology DiskStation Manager 6

Post by Dragonetti »

Hi, I was looking for UMSx86_64.spk package for on a Synology DSM 6 (my DS918+) to make it easier and more more supported av codecs and containers to play movies and series to my TV/HTPC.

I found this topic "synology app" here on the forum, which referred to here "Running a Java App on Synology DS412+" which then referred to here "Java SE Embedded package for Synology NAS" O boy :? It looks Klingon to me.

I speak, Read and write Dutch and English :D ..... but not that language I found. :idea: So Coming here to hoop the developers team or other people with the expertise to maybe create a UMSx86_64.spk that can be installed on a Synology NAS with DSM v6 or higher on a x86_64 processor. Not only for my butt al the Synology NAS users, using if us full the information I found.
Icebear

Re: UMS for Synology DiskStation Manager 6

Post by Icebear »

Hi,
actually I have the same demand. If there is a way to compile a specific app for synology NAS (or a user friendly description of how to do it), I would gladly use it.
Best Regards
Shindles

Re: UMS for Synology DiskStation Manager 6

Post by Shindles »

Just found UMS and it's brilliant on my PC. However my Synology NAS is always on so it would make sense to run it from there.
How do I convert an exe file to an spk file?