SONY Blu-ray players not seeing streaming coomputer...

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
ellisina4

SONY Blu-ray players not seeing streaming coomputer...

Post by ellisina4 »

Hello,
I am a new UMS user so my apologies for some basic questions. I have eeros mesh at home, Sony smart TV, two old plasmas and 3 separate SONY Blu-ray players (two UBP-X700 connected to old plasma TVs for streaming and one UBP-X800 connected to smart TV). I used to stream directly from My Videos folder on one of my computers via all three Blu-ray players. I recently updates OS on all of my computers from Win7 to Win10 as well updated streaming computer to a new PC with Win10. Now, none of the Sony Blu-ray players can see the new PC that I want to stream from. I tried the following:
- Made sure Media streaming is on… also tuned it off and then back on
- Tried to stream from a different PC (laptop) and that PC also not visible by either of the SONY Blu-ray players
- disabled the Symantec Endpoint (latest version)
I am able to connect to the “streaming PC” via my Sony smart TV and stream via Kodi or VLC player. However, I cannot see the “streaming PC” via Blu-ray players (this prevents streaming on older plasma TVs).
I installed UMS on the computer in question and also on a laptop. Sony Blu-ray players that are on my network appear as renderers there… still can’t see any of my PCs on the Blu-ray players.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.