Connecting at low speeds? gigabit wired

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
champdee

Connecting at low speeds? gigabit wired

Post by champdee »

I'm forced to use a laptop since my pc is in the shop and who knows when or what will happen.
Anyway I'm on a gigbit ethernet cat 5e, router too... and I'm only connecting to my ps3 at 113mbs? On my other pc it always connected at 512 (it's an older build and I've tried emulating the settings but that's at my pc thats in the shop)

Can anyone help me here? Somethings up as the speed it connects to will vary anywhere from 100 to 200mbs, how do I get my constant 512 like I used to? I'm using the latest version of ums. Please someone help
DeFlanko

Re: Connecting at low speeds? gigabit wired

Post by DeFlanko »

a few things.

change your cable.

check your lan card setting - auto negotiation should be set - this is "the speed" setting...

check with the laptop vender to see if there is a lan driver update.

go from there.

Sent from my SGH-T999 Using ForumTouch for Android
Vallimar

Re: Connecting at low speeds? gigabit wired

Post by Vallimar »

Have you done a speed test on your PS3 to verify it's not a general network condition?
My PS3 had an issue where it would only act like it was on a 100mb connection with my routers.
Then I plugged it into a 4-port gigabit hub and it finally saw proper speeds with the same routers.
I suspect some PS3's have some faults in either the auto-neg or just in the low quality port itself.