[Solved] Error disabling v12 Web GUI

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
Panny

[Solved] Error disabling v12 Web GUI

Post by Panny »

Trying to disable automatic start up of the web GUI and getting error as per attached when un-ticking the option and trying to save the change in Chrome (latest version).

Is there any other way to disable it?
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (100.65 KiB) Viewed 12107 times
Fusion131

Re: Error disabling v12 Web GUI

Post by Fusion131 »

I'm getting same error in Firefox
UMS Save_Error.png
UMS Save_Error.png (42.15 KiB) Viewed 12096 times
message.
Panny

Post by Panny »

Fusion131 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:21 am I'm getting same error in Firefox
UMS Save_Error.pngmessage.
Same in Edge, so not a browser issue.
JDN165

Post by JDN165 »

Well, in my case (12.0.1) when I uncheck the checkbox and press Save, I get the message "Your configuration changes were saved successfully".
However, the checkbox is immediately checked again. So, I'm also not able to uncheck this.

And it's very annoying that every time I start my pc and UMS is auto launched with Windows a web browser is started and I need to login for some reason. I just want UMS to launch silently in the background like it has always been the case.
My web browser is Firefox, but that's not important: I don't want any web browsers auto launched at all when starting my pc (or UMS).

How can I solve this please?

P.S. Virtual folders are also failing in 12.0.1, but I've created another topic for this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15493
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Just seen this issue in GitHub and I was having the same problem when I tried it earlier.

I used the "Edit UMS configuration file manually" option in the java GUI to set 'web_gui_on_start = false' to change it.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Panny

Post by Panny »

mik_s wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:18 am Just seen this issue in GitHub and I was having the same problem when I tried it earlier.

I used the "Edit UMS configuration file manually" option in the java GUI to set 'web_gui_on_start = false' to change it.
Thanks for the solution, much appreciated.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I think this is fixed in the latest release. Please let us know if it's still happening