Canot add network drive to shared folder

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
BitEater

Canot add network drive to shared folder

Post by BitEater »

Hello,

I just installed UMS. Every time I try to add a network drive as shared content, I get no error message but when reloading the Shared Content page, it just disappears.
In the log I found this:
WARN 2023-01-01 12:37:37.056 [main] net.pms.configuration.sharedcontent.SharedContentConfiguration Insufficient permission to read folder "V:\Video": Permissions do not allow execute access
Can anyone tell me, how to fix this? In Windows Explorer I can access this without problems.

Thank you
BitEater
masterP69

Re: Canot add network drive to shared folder

Post by masterP69 »

This exact same issue started for me with 12.x version.

14:24:37 WARN Insufficient permission to read folder "Y:\StreamingArchive": Permissions do not allow execute access

I have to manually add the shared folder every time I reboot my computer or restart UMS.

I have a Synology NAS that has network drives mapped, which has worked with UMS for the past several years with no issue.

I've changed the settings in UMS that were recently introduced to run the app with the different permissions and nothing works.

Why does it produce the warning message and remove the folder share upon restart but then allow you to manually re-add it back in again without error?

Trace logs attached.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2023-01-01-14-37.zip
(318.31 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
RogelOne

Post by RogelOne »

Unfortunately i have the same problem. I am now using version 11 again, because version 12 and 13 are useless to me unless someone can suggest a solution
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I believe this was a bug that crept in, something about permissions, and has been fixed for the next release.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
BitEater

Post by BitEater »

mik_s wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:03 am I believe this was a bug that crept in, something about permissions, and has been fixed for the next release.
Right, but would be great to know, when this release will be available.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I have no idea.

There were test builds on that thread that fixed the problem but I think the links have expired now. @BitEater weren't you one of the testers?

13.1.0 is available on GitHub right now and that usually means the next version is about to be released for Patreons. I'd expect @Subjunk to update the public version to 13.1.0 on the website today or very soon.

I'm not sure if 13.1.0 or the next one has this fix though.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
BitEater

Post by BitEater »

mik_s wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:47 am @BitEater weren't you one of the testers?
Yes, I was. But I did not have the test version on my new computer and also have no more information.
Thanks for your information.