[Solved] Missing the metadata

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
psmoorf

[Solved] Missing the metadata

Post by psmoorf »

Hello,
I start a clean installation (13.1) on a headless linux ubuntu server (22.04).
I see the content and can stream it to the renders. But in the webplayer I don't get the metadata for movies or series.

Have any one an idea what I do wrong or must I activate something?
If you think it's a bug, tell me and I upload logs.

Thanks to all who work on this product. I like it very much.
Attachments
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (41.94 KiB) Viewed 17127 times
Last edited by psmoorf on Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
mik_s

Re: Missing the metadata

Post by mik_s »

Will need to see logs to be sure (see the section in red above) but it may be that you have the "Enable external network" or "Use info from our API" options turned off under External outgoing traffic section of the General settings.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
psmoorf

Post by psmoorf »

Hi,
thanks for the fast response. I checked the settings but they was still on TRUE.
So I create you the debug file.

Thanks a lot for the work.
Best Regards,
Michael
Attachments
ums.zip
(270.36 KiB) Downloaded 925 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I think something has gone wrong with the database upgrade between versions as I see mention of a missing table in the database.

Code: Select all

INFO  2023-02-07 17:56:33.042 [main] Upgrading database "medias" table "VIDEO_METADATA_ACTORS" from version 1 to 2
TRACE 2023-02-07 17:56:33.043 [main] Upgrading database "medias" table "VIDEO_METADATA_ACTORS" from version 1 to 2
TRACE 2023-02-07 17:56:33.047 [main] Column "FILENAME" not found in table "VIDEO_METADATA_ACTORS"
ERROR 2023-02-07 17:56:33.133 [main] Error checking tables: Referentielle Integrität verletzt: "VIDEO_METADATA_ACTORS_FILEID_FK: PUBLIC.VIDEO_METADATA_ACTORS FOREIGN KEY(FILEID) REFERENCES PUBLIC.VIDEO_METADATA(FILEID)"
Referential integrity constraint violation: "VIDEO_METADATA_ACTORS_FILEID_FK: PUBLIC.VIDEO_METADATA_ACTORS FOREIGN KEY(FILEID) REFERENCES PUBLIC.VIDEO_METADATA(FILEID)"; SQL statement:
ALTER TABLE VIDEO_METADATA_ACTORS ADD CONSTRAINT VIDEO_METADATA_ACTORS_FILEID_FK FOREIGN KEY (FILEID) REFERENCES VIDEO_METADATA(FILEID) ON DELETE CASCADE [23506-214]
TRACE 2023-02-07 17:56:33.134 [main] 
org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Referentielle Integrität verletzt: "VIDEO_METADATA_ACTORS_FILEID_FK: PUBLIC.VIDEO_METADATA_ACTORS FOREIGN KEY(FILEID) REFERENCES PUBLIC.VIDEO_METADATA(FILEID)"
Referential integrity constraint violation: "VIDEO_METADATA_ACTORS_FILEID_FK: PUBLIC.VIDEO_METADATA_ACTORS FOREIGN KEY(FILEID) REFERENCES PUBLIC.VIDEO_METADATA(FILEID)"; SQL statement:
ALTER TABLE VIDEO_METADATA_ACTORS ADD CONSTRAINT VIDEO_METADATA_ACTORS_FILEID_FK FOREIGN KEY (FILEID) REFERENCES VIDEO_METADATA(FILEID) ON DELETE CASCADE [23506-214]
	at org.h2.message.DbException.getJdbcSQLException(DbException.java:508)
	at org.h2.message.DbException.getJdbcSQLException(DbException.java:477)
	at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:223)
	at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:199)
	at org.h2.constraint.ConstraintReferential.checkExistingData(ConstraintReferential.java:612)
	at org.h2.command.ddl.AlterTableAddConstraint.tryUpdate(AlterTableAddConstraint.java:287)
	at org.h2.command.ddl.AlterTableAddConstraint.update(AlterTableAddConstraint.java:72)
	at org.h2.command.ddl.AlterTable.update(AlterTable.java:46)
	at org.h2.command.CommandContainer.update(CommandContainer.java:169)
	at org.h2.command.Command.executeUpdate(Command.java:252)
	at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcStatement.executeUpdateInternal(JdbcStatement.java:190)
	at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcStatement.executeUpdate(JdbcStatement.java:143)
	at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.ProxyStatement.executeUpdate(ProxyStatement.java:119)
	at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariProxyStatement.executeUpdate(HikariProxyStatement.java)
	at net.pms.database.DatabaseHelper.executeUpdate(DatabaseHelper.java:371)
	at net.pms.database.MediaTableVideoMetadataActors.upgradeTable(MediaTableVideoMetadataActors.java:109)
	at net.pms.database.MediaTableVideoMetadataActors.checkTable(MediaTableVideoMetadataActors.java:66)
	at net.pms.database.MediaDatabase.checkTables(MediaDatabase.java:103)
	at net.pms.database.MediaDatabase.onOpening(MediaDatabase.java:54)
	at net.pms.database.Database.init(Database.java:98)
	at net.pms.database.MediaDatabase.init(MediaDatabase.java:191)
	at net.pms.PMS.init(PMS.java:401)
	at net.pms.PMS.createInstance(PMS.java:867)
	at net.pms.PMS.main(PMS.java:1021)
This could prevent any metadata being stored if the database is not initialized properly.

You could try renaming or deleting the database so a fresh one will be built when UMS starts and see if that makes a difference.
The database is at C:\ProgramData\UMS\database\medias.mv.db on windows but don't know the location on Linux, but going by the logs I think this is it jdbc:h2:/root/.config/UMS/database/medias
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
psmoorf

Post by psmoorf »

Hi,
I delete the database and start the service.
Now I can't see the db errors in the log file but the result is the same.
So here the new log file. Hope you see the next problem too.

Best Regards
Michael
Attachments
ums.zip
(207.4 KiB) Downloaded 1063 times
psmoorf

Post by psmoorf »

I think I found the problem.
I don't know why it took me so long ;)

Code: Select all

<html lang="en">
<head>
    <meta charset="utf-8"/>
    <link rel="icon" href="/favicon.ico"/>
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1"/>
    <meta name="theme-color" content="#000000"/>
    <meta name="description" content="Web site created using create-react-app"/>
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/apple-touch-icon.png"/>
    <link rel="manifest" href="/manifest.json"/>
    <title>Universal Media Server</title>
    <script defer="defer" src="/static/js/main.27e9269a.js"></script>
    <link href="/static/css/main.384f85f6.css" rel="stylesheet">
</head>
<body>
    <noscript>You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.</noscript>
    <div id="root"></div>
</body>
</html>
--> You need to enable JavaScript to run this app

But I don't know how to solve this problem.
Have anybody an idea?

Thanks
Michael
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Sorry I completely forgot about getting back to this, I have not had much time recently.

I had a look at your latest logs and the error I was seeing is gone now so that was not the cause. There was something else I saw that might have been causing it but I had the same error in my logs, and after restarting UMS it was gone. I think the API might have been busy or down at that time.

Do you get the "You need to enable JavaScript to run this app" message in the web interface or are you only seeing it in the source?
You should only see this message when JavaScript is turned off as the message is in the <noscript> tags.

Your logs were missing the other files needed to properly diagnose. If you use the pack debug files option it will add all your used config files to the zip file.

Without them I can't give a definite answer but I think you have either disabled "Enable external network" or "Use info from our API" in the "External Outgoing Traffic" section of the General Settings tab in the options. You might have to start a new scan when you turn these on if they were off.

I think there is also a way to disable metadata in the shared.conf that is not yet possible in the web interface. It could be set to off but will need to see it to confirm.
psmoorf

Post by psmoorf »

I thank you for the time you spend to this request.
I attached now the diag file from the application include the config files.

The message with the "need to enable JavaScript to" I get in the browser.
Attachments
ums_dbg_20230319.zip
(761.41 KiB) Downloaded 918 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Could you post a screenshot of the Javascript message you see?
No Javascript will prevent the web interface from working but should not effect the ability to get metadata.
Are you using an adblocker?

I could not see anything obvious in your UMS.conf file but it does look to be from an old version.
Might be best to delete it to reset the settings to default and see if that fixes it, then you can change the setting to what you want. You might have to start a manual scan of the files again or even better delete the database to start from fresh.

Some setting to make sure are enabled are "Enable external network", "Use info from our API" and "Enable the cache". Also try using the Media Library folder to browse the files.

The LG-webOS conf you are using is not doing much as it has been set to stream everything. Might be better to use the one from here that should work better and anything that the TV can't play will be automatically transcoded now.

I noticed something odd with your screenshot, I had to save it and zoom in as I could not see it properly on here.
There is some text saying "VMware Fusion", a quick google says it is a virtual machine. Maybe that is blocking the access to the API that gathers the metadata.
If it is inserting that text in the web browser then it could be altering other things.
psmoorf

Post by psmoorf »

The first post I created from a second clean installation. The other posts came from my main system. So sorry for the confusion.
Now I installed a fresh instance on my main system (Ubuntu 20.04.6 / UMS13.2.). Unfortunately without any changes. I create an new debug file from this.

Additionaly I added the screenshot from my browser screen. Adblocker and DNS Filter are all disabled.

Browsing through the "Media Library folder" was unsuccessful too :cry:
So I hope the best for this round :)
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (717.07 KiB) Viewed 17348 times
ums_dbg_2023-03-21.zip
(1.8 MiB) Downloaded 959 times