Java Runtime Environment

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
ValleyCat05

Java Runtime Environment

Post by ValleyCat05 »

Hi,

I've tried multiple times now to install UMS on my new Mac mini and I can't open it. When I try, it gives me an error message reading "Unable to load Java Runtime Environment" and nothing else (see attached). I've tried installing, uninstalling, and reinstalling the latest version of Java; reinstalling UMS; restarting everything; even updating my computer, but nothing changes. I have no idea what's going wrong or how to fix it.

My computer is running macOS Ventura 13.3.1

Thanks!
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 7.02.24 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 7.02.24 PM.png (19.02 KiB) Viewed 2133 times
mik_s

Re: Java Runtime Environment

Post by mik_s »

I don't know anything about Macs so probably won't be of much help here. If there were some logs I could probably see what is happening but if JRE is not running then there will be no logs.

JRE should be installed with UMS. Maybe its installation is failing or a version of it is already on your system.

I just did quick google and found this which is similar and the same fix may work.

I also found this post from last year where the solution was to delete UMS and install from the .dmg package.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.