Change search for cover

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
cazz

Change search for cover

Post by cazz »

Hi
I'm very new to UMS but it does look nice.
My question is that in TV show can I change what is going to look after?
What I understand now it look efter word .cover.jpg but I like it to look for another word?

I running UMS in Ubuntu Server 22.04.3 and use version 13.6.0
mik_s

Re: Change search for cover

Post by mik_s »

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

If you are talking about what images are used for series pictures in the web interface then these are gathered online along with other metadata.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
cazz

Post by cazz »

Thanks for the replay
Yes I have understand that UMS can download info and that but I have turn it off (I think)
I already have picture and info from my serie that I want to use without change filename from my files if that is possible.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

If you allow UMS to gather metadata online it does not change your files, it just stores this in the database.
This will then be used to organise your videos in the media library folder if enabled.
You will need to enable Enable external network and Use info from our API for this to work though.

If you have not tried it then give it a go and see if you like the look of it.

I think it is possible to use your own cover images for folders but would only work when not using the media library folder, and only in the web browser. I'm not sure though or what you need to name your image for it to be used. The only thing I remember this working on is music artwork a while ago but not sure if it applies to other media of if that function still works as a lot of things have changed.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.