BUG - UMS not saving certain settings

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
mrfatboy

BUG - UMS not saving certain settings

Post by mrfatboy »

When I try to change and save a specific setting (server settings > general settings > network settings (advanced) > force network on interface the Save window pops up but just keeps spinning. The setting is never saved. This does not happen on all settings.

This happens on both a Windows 7 and Ubuntu 22.04 installs. Originally i thought it might be a Ubuntu permissions bug but it now seems to be a general bug.

On both systems I had to edit the UMS.conf file manually to have the setting set correctly..
mik_s

Re: BUG - UMS not saving certain settings

Post by mik_s »

I think this saving bug is fixed, at least in V14, but there are some issues with it.

I am using a snapshot build of v14 and changing those setting does save. However the spinning saving notification does not go away.

While I was testing this and monitoring UMS.conf for changes I did come across another bug that broke the settings loading into the web interface.
Setting the option "Maximum bandwidth in Mb/s (0 means 1 Gb/s):" to 0 causes the problem as the web interface thinks it is not a valid option.
I will report this later on GitHub once I have had more time for testing to make sure exactly where the issue is.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
mrfatboy

Post by mrfatboy »

OK. I just downloaded 13.7 from the website. I will look for the new version later. ;)
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Let me know if it works in that version.

I know a fix was merged not that long ago but can't remember which version, it might have been 13.7.0
13.8.0 was just released so that one should have it if you are a Patreon or can build it yourself.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
mrfatboy

Post by mrfatboy »

13.7 still has the problem.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I just checked when I reported it and it was in 13.7.0, so the fix should be in 13.8.0