x265 10 Bit

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Capiray

x265 10 Bit

Post by Capiray »

Need assistance please!

I have purchased recently a Blu-ray for a three party.

When looking at the specification of the Blu-ray I notice that the format HEVC (H.265 - Main, Main10) is supported. [https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/cont ... 180111.pdf] So, I downloaded a few movies in that format and that my TV only support 1080P.
[https://yts.mx/movies/ice-age-america-2023]
x265 10 bit.png
x265 10 bit.png (164.78 KiB) Viewed 1787 times
To my deception I got a message on my device "Please check you network connect". But in the Trace tab in the UMS I get the following message.
Code of -22.png
Code of -22.png (33.2 KiB) Viewed 1787 times
So, is there something that I need to configuration in the UMS?
Or that my device (Blu-Ray) cannot support?
Or maybe this type of compress file is just not supported?
Or by miracle you going to tell me that a fix is coming on a new release of the UMS? :roll:

Thank for you help.
Capiray
Attachments
ums_dbg_2024-01-21-11-07.zip
(372.4 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
mik_s

Re: x265 10 Bit

Post by mik_s »

There is not a conf file for that device yet so UMS is picking something close, but thinks that video format is not supported and is transcoding it to something it thinks is.

One thing was confusing me is you have 2 Samsung BD players on your network and neither of them have confs for them. The only one that gave a model number was [BD]ES6000-ZA which is this one but on page 10 does not list h265 as supported.

I realised the one you linked to was a different model so had a closer look at the logs and saw one with "Samsung Ultra HD Blu-ray", but no no other identifying headers which is why I missed it.

I can't make a new confs for these as I have no way of testing and don't really have time, but I altered some confs from other devices around the same year as they came out so should support the same formats but this is not guaranteed.
Hopefully these will be picked up by UMS as there is not much to match with on your UHD bluray and if you change its name on the network it will not work anymore.
Copy them to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\renderers" and restart UMS.

If you still have videos that do not play properly then try playing from the #--TRANSCODE--# folder and choose "No transcoding"
(if you do not see it, enable "show the #--Transcode--# folder" in the GUI on the navigation tab, in the web GUI it is in the "virtual folders/files" section)
If this works then the conf can be tweaked to tell UMS this format is supported.
Attachments
Samsung-BDES6000.conf
(2.39 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Samsung Ultra HD Blu-ray.conf
(8.38 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Capiray

Post by Capiray »

Hi mik_s

Just to let you know that your .conf for my Samsung Ultra HD Blu-Ray work like a charm! Thank you! Wow I'm flabbergasted by the Movie quality of this image that it give on my old 2007 Samsung TV at 1080P.

Sorry, for the confusion for the other device BD-ES6000 that was connected. So far adding .conf did not see any deference with the BD-ES6000 beside the Avator that change in UMS Statue tab.

So as for the two .conf I will keep them preciously if I have to re-install the UMS, right? Or will it be in-bedded in a new version of the UMS?

To concluded here is image of my Samsung Ultra HD on the UMS and the link to the user guide of the Blu-Ray that is Samsung UBD-M9500 just in case you have better .conf file to share with me or with us all.

Thanks!

Capiray

[https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/cont ... 180111.pdf]

Before
Samsung Ultra HD Blu-Ray.png
Samsung Ultra HD Blu-Ray.png (72.09 KiB) Viewed 1657 times
After, but with no detail available for the devices.
Samsung Ultra HD Blu-Ray1.png
Samsung Ultra HD Blu-Ray1.png (64.86 KiB) Viewed 1657 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Glad that works. Those conf files should stay even when updating UMS as there are no existing ones to overwrite them.

You might still get the odd problem video that does not play right and the conf can be tweaked to fix it.

Ideally proper confs will need to be made that are accurate with what they support and the images added before being added to future versions of UMS, but will need someone who has access devices to these to write and test them.
Maybe one day an easier way of writing confs will be added to UMS where you can just copy and paste the specifications and let it figure it out.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.