Renderers Help!

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Capiray

Renderers Help!

Post by Capiray »

Hi again,

Need some help with a couples of files that will not play normally with my Devices.

In both case I played them from the #--TRANSCODE--# folder and choose "No trans-coding' and they both played perfectly. I have look over the Default Renderer, but my problem is I can make head or tales how to tweak Conf

Thanks!

Let me know if you need anything else.

1- my device name is User-Agent: SEC_HHP_[BD]ES6000-ZA/1.0
Samsung-CD.conf
(2.16 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
2024-02-16 21_39_48-Window.png
2024-02-16 21_39_48-Window.png (41.81 KiB) Viewed 951 times
2- My device name is Samsung Ultra HD Blu-ray
Attachments
Samsung Ultra HD Blu-ray.conf
(8.52 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Capiray

Re: Renderers Help!

Post by Capiray »

Here is my other attachment for my device Samsung Ultra HD Blu-ray
Attachments
2024-02-16 22_18_04-Window.png
2024-02-16 22_18_04-Window.png (39.81 KiB) Viewed 950 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Could you post your logs showing these being played so I can see why UMS is choosing to transcode them? (see the section in red above)
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Capiray

Post by Capiray »

Hello Milk_s,

See my attach log.

Thank you again.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2024-02-17-12-41.zip
(3.01 MiB) Downloaded 19 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I can see that the reason that those videos are transcoding on the Samsung Ultra HD Blu-ray is because they use the opus audio format and this was not in the supported formats list.

I had a check over the supported formats in the manual and did not see opus mentioned there but it could have been using another name, I don't know much about that format.

If you say those work fine while playing from the transcode folder using no transcoding then there is no reason to not have it listed as a supported format. I have made that change in this conf.
(8.54 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

For your other player I could not see it in the logs as it was not using a conf for it. After a bit of searching I found that it was on IP 192.168.2.17 and confirmed it was the ES6000.
I remember I made a conf for you for this not that long ago but UMS is not using it. I have made an edit to increase its loading priority so it should be used over Samsung-CD.conf which can sometimes fail to match anything.

The reason it was transcoding was it thought the h264 encoding was not supported as it was using level 5.1 and it thought it could only play up to level 4.1
I have made those change in this one too.
Samsung-BDES6000.conf
(2.42 KiB) Downloaded 22 times

Let me know if they work.

Best way to see why a video is not streaming when it is supposed to is to check the logs in trace mode and search for "Final verdict:" then scroll up to see why UMS is choosing to transcode. There should be enough info there to see what you need to change by referring to the default-renderer.conf
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Capiray

Post by Capiray »

Hi mik_S

So for my Device HD Blu-ray the tweaking work. :D The only issue is that another conf "Samsung-NotCD'' overwrite it within 10 to 15 minutes of re-starting the UMS. :cry:. I know that the easy way out would be just remove the conf from the Renderer folder but not the best solution, and probably another conf like the ''Samsung-CD" would just do the same thing and take over.
2024-02-19 17_46_21-Universal Media Server 13.8.1.png
2024-02-19 17_46_21-Universal Media Server 13.8.1.png (16.37 KiB) Viewed 864 times
For my Device ES6000 the reason why I had added the attachment conf ''Samsung-CD" in my original post and name it ''1- my device name is User-Agent: SEC_HHP_[BD]ES6000-ZA/1.0'' is that I had tweak it to add my device that run 95% of my video with no issue and also to avoid the dispute that occasionally happen between ''Samsung-CD" and "Samsung-NotCD''. But I was just wondering if it was possible to tweak it just for that one type of video from my original post. But from what I can see these type conf's are not writing the same way as the others conf. Maybe it because Samsung had there own UMS in does days call All Share?

As for the conf Samsung BDES6000 it work, but I would say for about 75% of the video. It as a particulars problem when it come to video that have multiple languages and Sub-Titles. See attachment, look for folder D:\Films MulTi
debug.zip
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 22 times
So to resume, it would be greatly appreciate if you could just fix the conf for the Device HD Blu-ray.

Regard

Capiray
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

The CD and NotCD confs are fall backs when there is no better match for a Samsung device. They have a low priority so better matches will take precedent, but because it is possible for you to rename devices even this can break things.

The HD blu-ray did not give anything else in the headers so that conf looks specifically for "Samsung Ultra HD Blu-ray" and this conf has a higher loading priority so it should always be used. My guess is that sometimes it does not use that name and uses the model number instead in the header which will only match the CD as a last resort.

Looking at your newest logs it does actually give a model number so I was able to add that as part of the match.
(8.55 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
I think I remember something about 2 different mechanisms for devices to announce themselves on the network and depending on which one is sent first can change the headers or something.

The other conf you posted has no functional change in it, just the model name added to one of the comments. You are better off using the one I made for it as it is a specific match, and tweak that one so everything works properly.

I don't know what conf is being used in those logs as the zip file does not include the one used. From what I saw everything but 4 files are being streamed. One is being transcoded because of the bit depth which I added to this one, and the others were at a high h264 level.
Samsung-BDES6000.conf
(2.46 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
I think it was using the wrong conf there so if there are problems with this one do more logs showing the videos that do not play. It could be UMS is streaming unsupported videos with that conf so that could be the reason they don't play. Best way to check is to try playing from the transcode folder with no transcoding to see if it is supported or not.
Capiray

Post by Capiray »

Hello,

No changes with the new tweeted conf's, meaning the NotCD still kickback in even if you added the model number for the Ultra Blu-ray and the ES6000 will not let me view any video in trans code mode under my folder D:\Films MulTi were I made most of my testing.
ums_dbg_2024-02-20-15-56 ES6000.zip
(3.75 MiB) Downloaded 19 times
ums_dbg_2024-02-20-14-42 Ultra Blu-ray.zip
(4.63 MiB) Downloaded 20 times
Thanks!
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

OK for the UHD player it was not using the conf so that change did not work. I tried a different way that should work all the time.
(8.59 KiB) Downloaded 20 times

The ES6000 is using the conf but needs testing to get the supported formats correct, something you will have to do though.
I can see all files except "Blue.Eye.Samurai" are set to stream. The reason being is it uses divx and that is not on the supported format list

Code: Select all

Video codec "divx" failed to match support line f:avi|divx        v:h264|mjpeg|mp4|mpeg1|mpeg2|sor|vc1|wmv   a:adpcm|aac-lc|he-aac|ac3|dts|eac3|lpcm|mp3|wma   gmc:0   m:video/avi
I had a look at the manual and made some changes so it should work better.
Samsung-BDES6000.conf
(2.45 KiB) Downloaded 22 times

Do the other videos play well? I see an attempt of playing "300" by streaming. If this did not play then that format might not be supported so will need to be transcoded.
Try forcing a transcode by playing from the transcode folder using FFmpeg. I can see an attempt at using vlc but it is better to use FFmpeg.
The media info of those videos are not showing in the logs so I can't see what format they are using.

Videos should still play when transcoding, if they don't then you might have to experiment with the transcoding settings to get it to work.
Settings to look at are: SeekByTime, ChunkedTransfer, TranscodedVideoFileSize

It was a bit confusing when both players are turned on as hard to see which one is being used to match which conf.
Best to only have one turned on when doing testing so you can see which is which.
Capiray

Post by Capiray »

Hi,

I'm happy to let you know, that the Samsung Ultra HD Blu-ray is using the correct conf and working great. Will test more video and if any issue I will try to fix it myself with the tips that you gave me.

For BDES6000 it not working well. From what I understand the major issue is that any video in the format of MKV (matroska) will not play normally.

So in the attached log I play around only with 2 video The 300 Rise of an Empire and The Musketeers S01E01 in the transcode folders.
1- Both will not play with no transcode.
2- The Musketeers is only in mkv no sub-titles. Was only able to play it with VLC transcode.Any others transcode would not take the video in charge or just break off totally my connection with UMS.
3- The 300 Rise of an Empire is with Sub-titles and in 3 languages. Was able to make it play with a couple of transcode in FFmpeg. Any others transcode would not take video in charge or just break off totally my connection with UMS ( I needed to power off/on the ES6000 to get back into view the UMS.) :evil:

Thank you
Attachments
ums_dbg_2024-02-25-12-28.zip
(4.95 MiB) Downloaded 17 times