v14 is here!

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

v14 is here!

Post by SubJunk »

General:

After 10 months of development and testing, we are releasing v14 into the wild. The set of changes is huge, even since the public beta.

The general theme for the changes is security and privacy. You now have control over who gets access to which media, with the ability to assign content and renderers to users who each get their own fully played tracking.

For more information about these features, please see What's New in v14, which is already translated into several languages thanks to our wonderful Crowdin community.

There are two lists of changes for this release:
List of changes since v13
List of changes since v14-b1

Thank you to all of the developers, translators and testers involved in v14. This is one of our most ambitious releases, and we did it! :D

Download:

This release is available on our Patreon page for all subscribers, and will be released publicly after our next release.

Our previous version is now available in the automatic updater, on our download page, and from our official mirrors.

Support us:

If you appreciated this release, please consider donating or subscribing. We don't do it for money, but it is nice to offset our expenses.
If you would like your name to be mentioned in our list of supporters, please leave a note with your donation/subscription or message us on here, and we will gladly immortalize your contribution.
KONTROLMASTER

Re: v14 is here!

Post by KONTROLMASTER »

Thank you again for your hard work, it's great! But unfortunately, I couldn't test it earlier, 'cause been blocked on Patreon a long ago and have an unsupported country payment availability.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for your post :) If you let me know your operating system I can send it to you
KONTROLMASTER

Post by KONTROLMASTER »

Sent a message via pm.
KONTROLMASTER

Post by KONTROLMASTER »

Ready to try 14.1 fixed version! ))
maracucho

Post by maracucho »

hola. han mejorado mucho desde las primeras versiones. pero en esta version 14.x.x ya no crea las miniaturas en todos los archivos solo en alguno. y por ende no marca los archivos vistos. he regresado a las 13.10.1 y si vuelve a funcionar las miniaturas en todos los archivos y marca

pensé que era una falla de 14 beta pero no se ha arreglado con la version final
podrían arreglar eso?
hello. They have improved a lot since the first versions. but in this version 14.x.x it no longer creates thumbnails in all files, only in some. and therefore it does not mark the viewed files. I have returned to 13.10.1 and yes the thumbnails work again in all files and mark

I thought it was a 14 beta bug but it has not been fixed with the final version
could you fix that?
Last edited by mik_s on Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add translation
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

@Maracucho could you create a new post in the help and support section and upload your logs.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
boss

Web GUI on 14.1.0 with Linux not working

Post by boss »

I want to report that the web GUI (both ports 9001 and 9002) do not work using V14.1.0 installed on a headless Linux server.
Previous versions including V14.0.2 worked fine.
Thanks

Edit: I notice UMS.conf is somewhat different than the one I have been running for some time.
I will configure the new UMS.conf and check if that makes a difference.
Edit2: After configuring and using the latest UMS.conf, I still have no access to anything via the web GUI.
redmac

Post by redmac »

Confirming a recent post by boss: that the web GUI is not working using linux with V14.1.0 on either port 9001 or 9002
It was working on previous versions.

With regards.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

@redmac Could you make a new post in the Help and Support section and upload your logs? That will give me a clue on why it is not working.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.