Ps3 and network trouble

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
stevensonnz

Ps3 and network trouble

Post by stevensonnz »

Hi

I have had this program working flawlessly for a long time and its never missed a beat.

I have my main modem/router connected to my PC and have decided to add a new router to my bedroom to extend wireless range. I have connected the new router via Ethernet cable and have since plugged the ps3 into that. Now i cant get the media server to show up on the ps3.

Any help with getting this to work will be greatly appreciated :)

Main modem/router is: Netgear DGN2200

Second new router is: Netgear wnr2000

Thanks
Wolfgan

Re: Ps3 and network trouble

Post by Wolfgan »

stevensonnz wrote:Hi

I have had this program working flawlessly for a long time and its never missed a beat.

I have my main modem/router connected to my PC and have decided to add a new router to my bedroom to extend wireless range. I have connected the new router via Ethernet cable and have since plugged the ps3 into that. Now i cant get the media server to show up on the ps3.

Thanks
Your 2nd router needs to be connected as acccess point, as in router mode you'll have a segmented network where upnp discovery wont work between segments.
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
stevensonnz

Re: Ps3 and network trouble

Post by stevensonnz »

Wolfgan wrote:
stevensonnz wrote:Hi

Thanks
Your 2nd router needs to be connected as acccess point, as in router mode you'll have a segmented network where upnp discovery wont work between segments.
Thanks Worked perfectly :) Appreciate the fast reply too man :)