Newbie question on subs, streaming mp3 & thumbnails

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
ibzguy

Newbie question on subs, streaming mp3 & thumbnails

Post by ibzguy »

Hi-
First of all, great app! Started using PS3 Media Server then found UMS. As a whole I like it better but I've had the same problems with UMS as PS3MS.

I'm using an XBOX 360 as my player.

1 - I can't seem to turn off the external sub files without just deleting them from the folder. I like having them especially when there's a conversation going on in the room while watching videos but normally I'd like them off. The sub button does nothing. It would be nice to be able to turn them off and on.

2 - In either PS3MS or UMS I have yet to stream my mp3 files. The XBOX audio player sees nothing but the mp3 folder is however seen in the XBOX video player but it will not play them either. I feel certain I'm missing something simple but if someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

3 - I have yet to see any thumbnails even though UMS is set to display them through Mencoder. (Minor annoyance I can live with). I had the same issue with PS3MS

Again, this is a great app and I look forward to future versions.