Samsung EH5300 Series.

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Samsung EH5300 Series.

Post by SubJunk »

I've sent him a message so hopefully he is still interested. In the meantime can you please provide us with more information by doing the debug info again but before you do, open logback.xml and change the line near the bottom:

Code: Select all

<root level="DEBUG">
To:

<root level="TRACE">
Thanks!
valp

Post by valp »

Yes, sure, here it is:

Just like before, I've played the files without transcoding at first, the only one that didn't work was the AVC 5.1 10bit format.
Then, I went to the #Transcode folder and tried to play the simple Avi xvid file.

Mencoder, FFMpeg and Avisynth all didn't work, the TV would load for a long time then show a kind of "check the network connection" message.

tsMuxer, though, returned me a "file not supported" message.

Hope it helps, thanks!
Attachments
ums_dbg 9.11.12.zip
(48.56 KiB) Downloaded 517 times
screenshots.rar
(466.35 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
nambit

Post by nambit »

SubJunk wrote:I'll track down the person who wrote the Samsung support code. Why can't they just do it like everyone else... :p
Thank you SOOOO much! I've been experiencing the exact same thing and it's been an exercise in frustration. The supported format (non-transcoded) work fine, but once you try to run a transcoded file (regardless of whether the format was supported or not by the TV), the TV just hangs on a blank screen for a while (a minute or 2) and then quits. Further, the bit-rate on UMS (and PMS, actually) shows an insanely high number.
keefor

Post by keefor »

I recently got a Samsng ES6300 and experience the same issue.
I there anytweaks we can do in the config files to solve the issue?
valp

Post by valp »

keefor, as of now I think there's no solution for the transcoding issue in this series.

What I've been doing is using a batchencoder GUI for HandbrakeCLI to convert any kind of file to
playable format in my TV, it's working just fine without noticeable quality loss.

I use this command line in the batch encoder GUI:

-f mp4 -e x264 --x264-preset faster --cfr -q 19 -a 1 -E copy -s 1 --subtitle-burn 1
Captain Rage

Post by Captain Rage »

Same issues here (on a Samsung UE46ES6715UXXE). Files that play natively on the TV works perfectly with Universal Media Server, but everything that has to do with transcoding fails. Any hints on how to fix this would be appreciated.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Is it fixed in 2.2.3?
keefor

Post by keefor »

Doesnt seem to be improved for 2.24 either.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I assume it isn't fixed in 2.2.6?
If not, can you try replacing renderers/SamsungAllShare.conf with this to see if you get different results?
Attachments
SamsungAllShare.conf
(1.76 KiB) Downloaded 630 times
dimasss

Post by dimasss »

SubJunk wrote:I assume it isn't fixed in 2.2.6?
If not, can you try replacing renderers/SamsungAllShare.conf with this to see if you get different results?
Hi! I have the same issue with transcode not working for any files with Samsung ES-series.
And it is not fixed in 2.3.0 and with provided config as well.