ums 5.1.1 transcoding all files

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Grace_Period

ums 5.1.1 transcoding all files

Post by Grace_Period »

Windows 8.1 64bit running Java 8 (32bit) to ps3 as renderer.

Downloaded UMS-5.1.1-Java8.exe from your site, uninstalled previous version first and restarted pc before performing a clean install of ums. Installed twice with same result.
Using the same settings as I always have done with previous versions.

Every file is now being transcoded by FFmpeg when they are not needed to.

followed instructions for support and added log zip file (hopefully I have followed them correctly).
Hopefully this will help resolve this issue.
PS.. great program, been using it for years, first time I've had any real issues and thought I'd do my bit to help get it sorted, going back to ums 5.1.0 until resolved.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(109.07 KiB) Downloaded 463 times
leroy

Re: ums 5.1.1 transcoding all files

Post by leroy »

Debug.log gives:

Code: Select all

INFO  10:25:07.395 [main] Error loading MediaInfo library: Unable to load library 'mediainfo': Native library (win32-x86/mediainfo.dll) not found in resource path ([file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Universal%20Media%20Server/update.jar, file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Universal%20Media%20Server/ums.jar])
INFO  10:25:07.395 [main] The server will now use the less accurate FFmpeg parsing method
The MediaInfo.dll file located in the UMS install folder seems to be corrupted.
Replace it with the one you can download here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/unimedi ... endencies/
jdecape71

Post by jdecape71 »

don't think that's a solution-that link is older DLL versions. date stamp from 9-2014 and 0.7.69.0 which is even older than revs in 4.4.0

could try grab the latest DLL revs from here select without installer and its 0.7.72.0 :http://mediaarea.net/en-us/MediaInfo/Download/Windows
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for the report guys, MediaInfo.dll was corrupted in that installer! I will be releasing a fix for it very shortly