iPad Rendering?

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
carlosrapa

iPad Rendering?

Post by carlosrapa »

I am confused because there is not topic on this subject. UMS works like a champ on my PS3, but I have no clue how to use UMS on my iPad. Is there something I am missing, an app maybe? I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Because Google and forum searches are getting me no where.

Thanks,
Carlos
dixm

Re: iPad Rendering?

Post by dixm »

two options - find a upnp/dlna video player ( they do exist ) and use that or if you insist on an ios device I saddly have to suggest looking at the airvideo forum.
That provides a real time transcode function like UMS but for apple devices. Note its NOT FREE. The server is but the renders cost money. That said, like UMS, it is a superb bit of code.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

According to our iPad config it should work when using 8player, yxplayer2, MPlayer, NSPlayer, AirAV or AcePlayer on iPad
jjminch

Post by jjminch »

Not to dredge up an old post, but I just paid for Mplayer and while it recognizes UMS, it won't show me any more than a thumbnail. Just says zero files for the server program.

So does anyone have any updated info on IOS apps that are compatible? I don't want to keep buying them.
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

I got this working a while back for the PS3-MS... the CONF file is in UMS now too.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/airplay ... 13694?mt=8

AirPlayer... well worth it...
Matt

Post by Matt »

You can add nPlayer, skifta, and TwonkyBeam to the list of supported iOS apps. You'll need to update the iPad-iPod.conf first.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1677
snakebyte

Post by snakebyte »

Try iMediashare , it's free and works flawless with me.
joshw

Post by joshw »

VLC for ios works better than the paid apps