No embedded subtitles

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
dizzyweb

No embedded subtitles

Post by dizzyweb »

I've just installed UMS, to be able to transcode 10bit h264 anime series to my NMT, which obviously only supports 8bit.

That part works just great.

The thing that I cannot get to work, is the embedded subtitles. Definitely disable subtitles is unchecked. I'm using mencoder and I have tried every combination of Subtitles language priority and Audio/subtitles language priority I could think of. Nothing. If I extract the subtitles using mkvextract, it works just fine, showing {External subtitles}. Also, in the #--TRANSCODE--# folder, there's no option for subtitles. It appears UMS simply doesn't see them.

I've added logs showing various attempts. UMS seemed promising, but without subtitles, I might as well stare at a black screen when I play it directly on my NMT, since I don't speak Japanese...
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(47.44 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
ExSport

Re: No embedded subtitles

Post by ExSport »

Your subs are not loaded because of wrong settings:

Code: Select all

mencoder_audiosublangs = eng,eng;en,en;jpn,eng,jp,en;*,off
Change "," to ";" in "eng,jp". Every double lang codes have to be divided by ";".
dizzyweb

Post by dizzyweb »

You're right, that's a typo...

But unfortunately, subtitles still don't load. External works fine, embedded aren't picked up.

Even with that typo, it should show up in the #--TRANSCODE--# folder right? Not showing up there either.
Attachments
Screenshot #--TRANSCODE--# folder
Screenshot #--TRANSCODE--# folder
2013-01-13 20.15.28.jpg (598.15 KiB) Viewed 12015 times
ums_dbg.zip
Log with corrected settings
(50.05 KiB) Downloaded 420 times
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

What is [FFF]?????
Transcoding engines are missing so it is logical subs are not played.
Will check your debug.log why engines are missing and what [FFF] is...
dizzyweb

Post by dizzyweb »

Which [FFF]? At the start of the filename? The group that subbed this particular anime.

Or this?

Code: Select all

[lavf] stream 2: subtitle (ass), -sid 0, -slang eng, FFF
In that case it appears to be the track name, according to mkvmerge.

Like I said, if I extract that track from the mkv as a .ass file, with the same name as the .mkv file, it loads just fine. It just refuses to load the embedded subs.
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

I found in log it is part of the name. In your log there are many exceptions. Are you using Channels? Disable it. Also post debug.log in TRACE mode and attach mediainfo result. It seems parsing with ffmpeg fails so try to change MediaInfo=true in your popcorn conf file so MediaInfo will be used instead of ffmpeg (if you will see engines in transcode folder after change and sums restart)
Also disable cache/database so info will be parsed again and not loaded from database.
Thx
dizzyweb

Post by dizzyweb »

Channels? What do you mean?

I'll see about the rest...
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Never used it but it is a plugin or what. If you don't know you probably don't use it so exception is due to bad parsing probably.
dizzyweb

Post by dizzyweb »

With MediaInfo set to true, it appears to see subtitles. However, I can't play any files, but that might be my NMT overheating. It keeps crashing when I play a file, so I'll give it another shot tomorrow.
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

It is logical it will not play :)
But good to know you now see engines with subs in transcode folder. So it seems ffmpeg parsing is the culprit and that mediainfo parsing works.
Now it doesn't play files because you enabled mediainfo in conf file but you didn't specified "supported=" lines as e.g. in ps3.conf ;)
Copy them from there to your popcorn conf for a test if a file will be played.