Can't Download UMS - NIS2012 problem

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
MCalbert

Re: Can't Download UMS - NIS2012 problem

Post by MCalbert »

hey guys,

just a wee message to say i can now download and use UMS.

Thanks to s7eele and SubJunk for making it happen and sorting norton out :)

thanks again
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Cheers for letting us know, MCalbert :)
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

Awesomeness!
Peace!
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

I downloaded version 1.40 the other night and got the same error from NIS. I submitted it as a user indicating that I trusted the file. Not sure why the "false report" you submitted as the "developers" didn't cover this version as well. Until this version I have not received the error since my first post, it seems like the 1.2 and 1.3 releases downloaded without error as should be the case based on their response to your submission. I don't know if this has anything at all to do with it but the version 1.1.0 and 1.4.0 executables have the "UMS" portion of the filename in lowercase while all others appear to be in uppercase. I sincerely hope they have a better solution for developers than having to send in a "false positive" report each time.

In the meantime if anyone is really that bothered by it I suppose they can refer to the FAQ for the instructions you included.

Peace!
Peace!
MCalbert

Post by MCalbert »

Hey ppl

just my 2 pence worth but when i downloaded 1.40 i didn't get any bad reports from norton on 1.40 but it did crash I.E. at the point where it checks to see if what i am downloading is good or bad, i had to reset my pc but after install of UMS have had no norton problems or UMS problems.

anyway just like to say UMS is awesome and keep up the good work.

cheers again
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

MCalbert wrote:Hey ppl

just my 2 pence worth but when i downloaded 1.40 i didn't get any bad reports from norton on 1.40 but it did crash I.E. at the point where it checks to see if what i am downloading is good or bad, i had to reset my pc but after install of UMS have had no norton problems or UMS problems.

anyway just like to say UMS is awesome and keep up the good work.

cheers again
That is odd. Did you configure NIS2012 to ignore that class altogether. Sheer curiosity at this point, not important at all.
Peace!
MCalbert

Post by MCalbert »

S7eele wrote:
That is odd. Did you configure NIS2012 to ignore that class altogether. Sheer curiosity at this point, not important at all.
hey again ppl

I didn't do anything at all, l just downloaded it and after I.E crashed had to reset pc but have had no problems with UMS, Norton or I.E since UMS 1.40 install and everything I watch on PS3 via UMS works like a charm.

Great job guys :D