update to Panasonic.conf

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
zzricezz

update to Panasonic.conf

Post by zzricezz »

I had to make some modification to this file for it to work on my panasonic 60ut50.

change this to true from false,
DLNALocalizationRequired=true

and change qpel:yes|no to qpel:yes
Supported = f:avi|divx v:mp4|divx|mjpeg a:mp3|lpcm|mpa|ac3 m:video/divx qpel:yes gmc:0

with the above changes I'm able to stream divx,xvid and mkv files to my tv. I had to compare this conf to PMS configure file to figure why divx was working on PMS and not on UMS.

can this be the default to the panasonic.conf file so it doesn't overwrite my file when i do an upgrade?
ExSport

Re: update to Panasonic.conf

Post by ExSport »

I don't agree with you:
Changing "qpel:yes|no to qpel:yes" means only files with QPEL=YES can be streamed directly.
If renderer supports QPEL, it must support also files without QPEL what defines "qpel:yes|no" or when qpel: is omitted in renderer conf.
I can understand that some PanTV require "DLNALocalizationRequired=true" but the second one is probably not true.
Anyway I think your problem is something else and not what you described.
Also if this settings affects your MKV files, only "DLNALocalizationRequired=" part can influence it but as I said I am skeptical that Panasonic makes similar TV with different DLNA/UPnP sw/implementation (behavior).
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Could changing DLNALocalizationRequired break support for other Panasonic TVs?
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

I suppose not. When I traced network traffic and if I remember well, when localization is enabled, UMS will generate two links, one with PAL and one with NTSC:
...sample.mkv [MEncoder]</dc:title><res xmlns:dlna="urn:schemas-dlna-org:metadata-1-0/" protocolInfo="http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_PAL;DLNA.ORG_OP=10" duration="00:00:05.00" resolution="1920x800"...
Maybe some buggy DLNA clients will double files listed but on my side only one was visible in browser. I disabled it because network traffic was cleaner then and because enabling or disabling it had no influence on the functionality.
But as I said, I am not sure it is root cause of described problem...only my 2 cents.
zzricezz

Post by zzricezz »

I will post the debug logs with each setting tonight so you guys can compare.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

That would be helpful, thanks
zzricezz

Post by zzricezz »

I installed the latest 2.2.6 version.

the first file is the ootb conf file, it would not play the test mkv movie i used hangover, or any avi,xvid video as well.

the second file is with DLNALocalizationRequired=true and it can now play hangover but does not play any avi,xvid video. I see a ! inside a box and when i click the play button it display "Cannot read file" I notice that it not capture in the log.

the third file is with DLNALocalizationRequired=true and qpel:yes and it can now play anything.
Attachments
ums_dbg DLNALocalizationRequired true qpel yes.zip
DLNALocalizationRequired=true and qpel:yes
(16.03 KiB) Downloaded 539 times
ums_dbg DLNALocalizationRequired true.zip
DLNALocalizationRequired=true
(14.23 KiB) Downloaded 522 times
ums_dbg original.zip
ootb conf file
(20.69 KiB) Downloaded 541 times
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

First and second file is different. Why you played in first one MKV file and in second one AVI?????
You changed settings which affects DivX files only so I don't understand why you played MKV.
If you changed:
Supported = f:avi|divx v:mp4|divx|mjpeg a:mp3|lpcm|mpa|ac3 m:video/divx qpel:yes|no gmc:0
to:
Supported = f:avi|divx v:mp4|divx|mjpeg a:mp3|lpcm|mpa|ac3 m:video/divx qpel:yes gmc:0
and second one works for your AVI/DivX files, then it should be because your file is without QPEL so file is not streamed but transcoded! By your change you said, PanTV doesn't support files without QPEL so UMS is transcoding it automatically ;)
So problem seems to be "m:video/divx" part. Also if TV shows you "!" it is almost true.
Try to change "m:video/divx" to "m:video/x-divx". Don't change QPEL part!
Restart UMS and check file again. Do you see "!"? Is file playable?
Then try to change it to "m:video/x-msvideo". What about this change? Works? Do you see "!"?
"!" means mime type is wrong. If you will remove "|no" from qpel part, you will say UMS to transcode file to MPEG2 so it works for you...it is logical 8-)
Had no time to check MKV file but will not waste time because we can't compare your debug.log files when one shows AVI played and other one MKV file which are totally different files.
Please make new logs with both files: AVI and MKV for every your change.
Also it is necessary to change logging level to TRACE. Change "<root level="DEBUG">" to "<root level="TRACE">" in "logback.xml" file. Then restart UMS.
Thx
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Weird that your original log generates an exception which is not generated in non-original log for your MKV file:
DEBUG 2013-01-24 11:35:21.375 [New I/O server worker #1-4] Caught exception
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at net.pms.dlna.DLNAMediaInfo.isVideoPS3Compatible(DLNAMediaInfo.java:1161) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at net.pms.encoders.MEncoderVideo.launchTranscode(MEncoderVideo.java:1141) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.getInputStream(DLNAResource.java:1739) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at net.pms.network.RequestV2.answer(RequestV2.java:328) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.writeResponse(RequestHandlerV2.java:313) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.messageReceived(RequestHandlerV2.java:270) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.stream.ChunkedWriteHandler.handleUpstream(ChunkedWriteHandler.java:149) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpChunkAggregator.messageReceived(HttpChunkAggregator.java:116) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:302) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.unfoldAndFireMessageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:527) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.callDecode(ReplayingDecoder.java:506) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.messageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:443) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:274) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:261) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:351) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.processSelectedKeys(NioWorker.java:282) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:202) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_11]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_11]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_11]
Also original log shows that MEncoder was never loaded but ffmpeg only. Non-original log loaded MEncoder without problems.
I never saw anything similar....changing "DLNALocalizationRequired=" part should not have this behavior.....there must be another problem...or bug in UMS???
zzricezz

Post by zzricezz »

ExSport wrote:Weird that your original log generates an exception which is not generated in non-original log for your MKV file:
DEBUG 2013-01-24 11:35:21.375 [New I/O server worker #1-4] Caught exception
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at net.pms.dlna.DLNAMediaInfo.isVideoPS3Compatible(DLNAMediaInfo.java:1161) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at net.pms.encoders.MEncoderVideo.launchTranscode(MEncoderVideo.java:1141) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.getInputStream(DLNAResource.java:1739) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at net.pms.network.RequestV2.answer(RequestV2.java:328) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.writeResponse(RequestHandlerV2.java:313) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.messageReceived(RequestHandlerV2.java:270) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.stream.ChunkedWriteHandler.handleUpstream(ChunkedWriteHandler.java:149) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpChunkAggregator.messageReceived(HttpChunkAggregator.java:116) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:302) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.unfoldAndFireMessageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:527) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.callDecode(ReplayingDecoder.java:506) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.messageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:443) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:274) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:261) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:351) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.processSelectedKeys(NioWorker.java:282) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:202) ~[ums.jar:2.2.6]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_11]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_11]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_11]
Also original log shows that MEncoder was never loaded but ffmpeg only. Non-original log loaded MEncoder without problems.
I never saw anything similar....changing "DLNALocalizationRequired=" part should not have this behavior.....there must be another problem...or bug in UMS???
This error is new in 2.2.6, i didn't recall seeing this error in 2.2.5 using the ootb files.

I have turn on TRACE and used x-divx and x-msvideo but still the same problem.
Attachments
ums_dbg with x-divx x-msvideo.zip
(39.01 KiB) Downloaded 515 times