[Solved] M2TS Files Now Seen As MP4s After 2.6.0 Update

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
AYColumbia

[Solved] M2TS Files Now Seen As MP4s After 2.6.0 Update

Post by AYColumbia »

I was on 2.5.1 and just updated to the latest which looks like is 2.5.2.2. Now my DLNA device (Oppo BDP-103) can't play my m2ts files because it sees them as mp4 files. Anyone else having this issue?

This is similar to the issue I had posted here with an older version but not as bad. This time seems to only affect m2ts files.

[UPDATE1] I just updated to 2.6.0 and the problem is still there.
AYColumbia

Re: M2TS Files Now Seen As MP4s After 2.6.0 Update

Post by AYColumbia »

@SubJunk,
I added a note to issue #26 that was fixed back in 2.2.5. Do you want me to submit this one with that one or to go ahead and create a new issue? Thanks much.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for reporting it. Are you sure that 2.5.1 worked and 2.5.2 didn't? I can't see anything in the code between those two version that could have caused that. That doesn't mean it didn't happen but I want to confirm before digging deeper
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

SubJunk wrote:Thanks for reporting it. Are you sure that 2.5.1 worked and 2.5.2 didn't? I can't see anything in the code between those two version that could have caused that. That doesn't mean it didn't happen but I want to confirm before digging deeper
Yes, I'm fairly certain because I was using 2.5.1 for a while and I actually still have it on my test server. I'll verify it when I get home tonight and let you know. Thank you.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks, if it is the case after you verify then I'll make some builds for you so we can see what broke it
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

Okay, so here's what I found. First, you're right, 2.5.1 does the same thing. So much for my memory. ;)

Second, the issue is only on m2ts files that have an AVC video stream so it seems. I have m2ts files with AVC and VC-1 video and the same audio formats and the AVC ones show up as mp4 (can't play these) where the VC-1 shows as TS (can play these).

Please let me know if there's any other info I can provide and I'll be happy to test any beta builds for you. Thanks again.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Cool, thanks for testing. It would be helpful if you could continue to test older versions to see when the issue first happened. Older versions can be downloaded here
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

I did some testing but I'm getting results that make no sense. Now I know with certainty that this was no longer an issue with 2.2.5 and I'm also fairly certain that 2.5.1 didn't have this issue either because the clips that I'm having issues with now, I was able to play just a few weeks ago. Yet now ALL OF THEM don't work. They all are causing the same issue and I have NOT updated my player's firmware since this issue was fixed back in 2.2.5. I'm at a complete loss as to what is going on.

So since I knew this was fine in 2.2.5, I started there and went through the following versions which are the ones I progressively updated to: 2.3.0, 2.4.1, 2.4.2, 2.5.0, 2.5.1, 2.5.2.2 and 2.6.0.

This time, I uninstalled each version and manually cleaned up the folder and everything worked fine until I hit 2.5.0. Also, the immediate difference visually to me was that 2.5.0 showed other devices like my Roku but it showed up as some Netgear device. Also, "downgrading" doesn't work. I MUST uninstall and clean the folder and then install the older version.

So I've got a working version right now in 2.4.2. So whatever changed, it happened between 2.4 and 2.5. I hope that helps.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

OK cool, there were a huge lot of changes between 2.4.2 and 2.5.0 so I've made some more builds to help narrow it down, please test them when you have time :)
http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-486930e.exe
http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-ddc22d8.exe
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Maybe stupid note but if working version didn't worked when config wasn't deleted from newer version, what about backup the UMS.conf file plus renderers folder with .conf files from this working version, install first non working version after working one and replace ums.conf and renderers folder? If it will work, problem is somwhere in new settings in UMS.conf or renderer.conf file and not directly in code? :idea: