PS3 not showing in Renderers

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
jackhuaberbauer

PS3 not showing in Renderers

Post by jackhuaberbauer »

Hi,

since I have installed UMS 6.2.2 (at least I think there is a correlation, I know for sure it worked last thursday) the PS3 is not showing up in the renderers and UMS is not showing up on the PS3.
I tried with BubbleUPNP on my Android tablet (Nexus 7) and as well the UMS is showing up there, the bubbleUPNP is showing up in UMS as a renderer. Even the BubbleUPNP is showing up on the PS3 as a media server.

I tried a normal install and a clean install back to 6.2.0 but then it did not show either.

Does anyone have an idea what's the problem here?

Thanks in advance.
Jack Huaberbauer
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(25.43 KiB) Downloaded 485 times
InEbre8d

Re: PS3 not showing in Renderers

Post by InEbre8d »

The only work around I've found is having to run Bubble Upnp along with UMS to get it to work. Upgraded to 6.2.2 and with the new Java 8-77 update, no renderers found on UMS and no media server found on PS3
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I don't see any signs of the PS3 in those logs so UMS is not receiving anything from it. Is it on the same network?
imp44791

Post by imp44791 »

I am having the same problem for the last week or so. I don't think it has anything to do with version 6.2.2 as I had not updated before the problem appeared. I patched as a result, but the problem is still there. I can see the Chromecast, and the Windows Media Server, but not the PS3. It's fairly annoying as you can imagine, as I have come to depend on UMS for my streaming needs :(

Debug file attached. Note that my main PC (which runs the UMS) and the PS3 are connected via a wired connection, and always have done so. The IP for the PS3 in my network is 192/168.1.71.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(23.78 KiB) Downloaded 472 times
jackhuaberbauer

Yeah, same with me. The PS3 and the PC are definitely on the same wired network.
The PS3 can also see the media server of my router (Fritz Box)...

I also was able to successfully open the UMS admin web console with the PS3 web browser.
jackhuaberbauer

I'm not sure if this was the solution. But I installed the latest system update of the PS3 (4.80). Now it works again!

I'm so relieved and now fully realize the importance of the Universal Media Server to my own life ;)
jackhuaberbauer

Arrgh, it seems that it now does not work again...
I really have absolutely no idea what the problem might be!
jackhuaberbauer

My workaround for the problem is: Restarting my router (Fritzbox 7490)
I still don't know what the problem is but it seems to be a network problem on my side.