PS4 only sees UMS if I hit "Restart Server"

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
solarnoise

PS4 only sees UMS if I hit "Restart Server"

Post by solarnoise »

This isn't a HUGE problem, just a big inconvenience. When my PS4's media player sees UMS, everything works fine. But UMS almost never shows up in the list unless I go back to my computer and press "Restart Server". This is annoying because my computer is far away from my PS4.

This does not seem to be a problem for other media servers on my network, like Windows Media Player.

Is there anyway to fix this? Does UMS need to broadcast itself out more frequently or something? Not sure how it works.

EDIT: Found another thread that seems to describe the same problem, though with them they said uninstalling/reinstalling seemed to fix the issue... I've done a couple uninstalls/reinstalls and the problem is still there for me. Sounds like it's because UMS only broadcasts every 3 minutes? I feel like that should be a configurable option.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7846&p=26452&hilit=restart+server
valib
Developer

Re: PS4 only sees UMS if I hit "Restart Server"

Post by valib »

Try the latest UMS version which could fix it.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Please confirm if it's fixed with the latest version so we can mark this as solved :)
solarnoise

Post by solarnoise »

Thanks for the replies.

I installed 6.3.1.1 and now my PS4 and UMS can't find each other at all. The PS3 and UMS work fine, only the PS4 seems affected.

I downgraded to 6.3.0 and it's working with the PS4 again (I did not change any configuration whatsoever). Although now I will still have the problem I posted about.

Something is definitely up with 6.3.1.1, I'm going to steer clear for now but hopefully it gets figured out.

EDIT: tried 6.3.1 as well, same connectivity problems (doesn't find PS4). Went back to 6.3.0 again.
Supermanfan77

Post by Supermanfan77 »

SubJunk wrote:Please confirm if it's fixed with the latest version so we can mark this as solved :)
Unfortuately it is not fixed in 6.3.1.1 :cry: