No renderers were found error

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
jadesoturi

No renderers were found error

Post by jadesoturi »

Hi all.

Been using UMS for a long time with no problems, but then suddenly a few days ago it won't detect any renderers. Neither my PS3, nor the WMP on my girlfriend's computer. Sometimes it detects the WMP on the computer it's running on, but that is also something that only happens sometimes.

I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security, but it's not the problem. Even if I disable the firewall(kaspersky/windows), it still won't find anything.

I also tried opening the ports in my router (forwarding from lan to lan), but that didn't help. What I did notice though is that my ISP had upgraded my router to a new FW sometime in the last week and I suspect it to be the culprit(it has its own miniDLNA server that shows on in my PS3, but I have disabled it without any luck). uPNP is enabled on the router and port is set to 5000(tried changing it to 5001 but that didn't seem to make any difference.

I managed to get UMS to detect the PS3 and vica versa, but only if I had both turned on and at the same time did a reboot on my router. Then they would find one another. If my router was already running and I turn them on - nothing is found.

It kinda sounds like the uPNP server isn't letting the traffic through, but has a "weak moment" during startup.

I've attached my ums log if someone can figure something out... My ISP won't give a shit if I have a problem, so there is no point seeking help there. But I do have full access to the router, so if someone figures out what's wrong I should be able to muck around in there and maybe fix it. It's a Inteno DG301B iopsys running juci fw.

The debug file attached also shows the moment when i reboot the router(you see both my girlfriends WMP shows up as "unknown renderer" and my PS3. And then they work. But if i shutdown either(UMS or PS3) they won't find each other again until I do another reboot of the router.

Thanks so much in advance...!
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(199.45 KiB) Downloaded 404 times
tangles

Re: No renderers were found error

Post by tangles »

I installed Kaspersky security a couple of months ago and started to have problems with UMS. With my BRAVIA TV UMS would drop out and I would get the "no renderers found" error. Exiting and restarting UMS would fix things temporarily. Very annoying.

After installing 6.5.1 everything seems to be working fine! :D